LED Signal Flasher & LED Bulbs with Deluxe Models

Thread: LED Signal Flasher & LED Bulbs with Deluxe Models

LED Signal Flasher & LED Bulbs with Deluxe Models

Like to hear from members with Deluxe F6BD models that have LED turn signals and their experience. What flasher they use, what LED turn bulbs and if they have the turn signals tied into the fog lights that have signals.

Are members having issues with signal indicator staying lit on dash or experiencing anything odd with the auto signal cancellation?

It'll be 3 years in March...had SoCal install their LED switchbacks in the turn signals, their load adjuster thingy, and their fog lamps with directionals.
    They weren't known as Pathfinder back then, but they evolved into it.
    Also did the brake lights and rear turn signals to LEDs too. (I have since changed those to other things)
    I've had no issues with functionality, the dash indicator, nor with the signal switch.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I have LED all around from the SoCal folks and the DRL/Fog lamp combo. My only grief is the autocancel works normally, cancelling the signals, but the DRL for that side often doesn't come back on until I give the turn signal switch a tap with my thumb in the opposite direction. I've done plenty of troubleshooting and it's the OEM turn signal switch.

Unfortunately, I'm an operator and not a maintainer. I've had it cleaned/lubed by the shop, but nothing changed.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I added rear LED lights only. SoCal for the brake/tail light; I like it. California-legal brake flasher connected to bright LED array replaced the rear reflector. I like that, too. I have the SoCal load adjuster, which works fine.

I wanted switchback red/amber rear turn/running lights, and SoCal does not carry them, so I found the YouTube video and bought 7443 bulbs and sockets for that purpose. I like the function, but I don't think the amber LED turn signals have a wide enough spread for use in the rear. During daylight, anyhow. And the aftermarket sockets are not as robust as the OEM sockets, but some hockey tape fixed that.

7443 Bulb Socket Brake Turn Signal Light Harness Wire LED Pig Tail Plug 7440 T20 $5.99
    7443 Red Amber Front Turn Signal Light Bulbs Super Power Led 7505 7444NA X2 $17.94

I really like almost all of that. The CA-legal brake flasher I wouldn't use anywhere else, since it allows 4 flashes, then goes solid. I would prefer a normal rear turn signal except I really, really want to be seen from the rear, so I like the full-width taillight. At some point I will add rear-corner amber turn signals, but have not done that yet.

Up front I installed Phillips "super-bright" yellow halogen high beams. I really like the yellow high beams; they get cars out of the way when I am passing or lane-splitting.
    2016 F6B Deluxe • 1997 H-D FLHR

I added the SoCal setup with Pathfinder headlamps and full LED turn indicators and rear lights with a Back Off module. I put the flasher relay in the front under the cowl. Have heard others say it's hard to get at, and I have big hands, it was easy as pie to do the whole deal. Very happy with the results.

Used this relay ..... https://electricalconnection.com/wp/...6/02/08110.jpg

I have front switchback led turn signals white/amber.....red led tailights with strobe.....amber/red rear led switchback turn signals. Also added Muth turn signal mirrors. All self cancelling functionality works as stock no issues.