Any side by side comparison of Rectangle Pathfinder vs Tridium Cowel lights?

Thread: Any side by side comparison of Rectangle Pathfinder vs Tridium Cowel lights?

Any side by side comparison of Rectangle Pathfinder vs Tridium Cowel lights?

Read lot of internet opinions and posts on this site but still come away with no real conclusion as to which light system will give me the best "down road" lighting. Reading about these lights is like reading about tires and oil! Ya tend to like what you got!

I live in Ohio and never run into fog. Only fog ride was outside of Jackson Hole last summer and lights would not have helped. It was during the morning and vis. was about 4 feet! Just had to pull off and wait for the sun to do its job!

So, using the lights as real fog lights is not as important to me as lighting up the sides of the road to watch for critters at night and being more visible to cross-traffic cagers.

Seems like both systems are comparable but is one better than the other as far as lighting up the road and how they look on the F6B?

Just wondering if anyone had both or have a riding buddy with the opposite light system for a real road comparison.

The Tridiums do not really light up the road much. With the fog lights on there is a wide spread and it lights up the areas on the sides in front of the bike, but does not project down the road. Does make the bike very visible. Have not had a chance for a direct comparison, but it is a good question.

Value Accessories sells both. I am going to check with Rick when they reopen for business to see what he has on his bike. It would be great if he has a Pathfinder on one side and a Tridium on the other! Now that would be a comparison!

If you are looking for driving lights instead of fog lights, look at the SoCal lights that mount to the mirrors.

Yeah I posed this question as well, and truly, you need higher lights for down the road.

I looked at the SoCal site and they show some square $25 Walmart LED stuck on their $50 brackets! They may work but look like crap!

The hot setup would be if SoCal or Pathfinder can configure a turn signal light to incorporate an LED spotlight as part of the turn signal like they have incorporated the fog lights in the rectangle cowl lights!

Is the way the lens diffuses the light from the LED the difference between a fog and spot light?

It would be a great option if you could get both a fog and spot light lens!

I am going to contact So Cal to get their input on this possibility. That may be the setup I am looking for!

Has anybody tried this?