Greetings everyone!

I joined this group a little while back and have been lurking for the better part of a year while I was doing my research. In May of 2018 I bought my 2013 F6B Deluxe from the second owner with 7,600 miles on the clock. The first owner put a fair amount of upgrades on the bike including:

Torq Loopz
Slip ons with 2 different baffles
Kuryakyn driver floorboards
Kuryakyn heel-toe shifter and brake lever
Kuryakyn folding passenger floorboards
Kuryakyn highway pegs
Kuryakyn throttle lock
Touring vented windscreen

I don't know if the second owner was aware of all these accessories and while I can't say I'd spend as much myself, I'm not going to complain about them being there.

I hopped a one way flight to Pennsylvania and rode the bike back home to Michigan that same day, taking a pit stop for dinner and to visit a buddy in Toledo. As soon as I got home, I removed the passenger back rest and the touring screen and put the stock screen back on. I know a lot of folks swear by the touring screen, but I love the way the stock one looks. Also, being a taller guy, the touring screen created a lot of buffeting on my helmet and I was stuck in that weird place in between looking through / over the screen. My other bike is a 2007 Honda 919 and I'd rather be in clean air looking over a screen than looking through a screen with buffeting. I also adjusted the rear pre-load to 20 or 25 which really firmed things up nicely.

Last summer I put almost 3,000 miles on the F6B and another 2,500 on my 919, which is a great riding summer for me. When springtime rolls around, I'm going to check my final drive and other fluid levels to make sure I'm all squared away, as I've seen it recommended to do so. Other than that, I could see throwing in some fog lights and maybe some LED headlights, but I don't think there are any other modifications I'd make. I do wish the bike had a 6th gear as turning 3,000 RPM at highway speeds seems unnecessary on a bike with so much power. Let me know when someone gets that swap all worked out.

Thanks for all the shared knowledge here!

Dan

Before:
20180510_194244.jpg20180510_194305.jpg

After:
20180608_171407.jpg20180608_171412.jpg20180608_171418.jpg