New F6B Owner in Michigan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New F6B Owner in Michigan

New F6B Owner in Michigan

Greetings everyone!

I joined this group a little while back and have been lurking for the better part of a year while I was doing my research. In May of 2018 I bought my 2013 F6B Deluxe from the second owner with 7,600 miles on the clock. The first owner put a fair amount of upgrades on the bike including:

Torq Loopz
    Slip ons with 2 different baffles
    Kuryakyn driver floorboards
    Kuryakyn heel-toe shifter and brake lever
    Kuryakyn folding passenger floorboards
    Kuryakyn highway pegs
    Kuryakyn throttle lock
    Touring vented windscreen

I don't know if the second owner was aware of all these accessories and while I can't say I'd spend as much myself, I'm not going to complain about them being there.

I hopped a one way flight to Pennsylvania and rode the bike back home to Michigan that same day, taking a pit stop for dinner and to visit a buddy in Toledo. As soon as I got home, I removed the passenger back rest and the touring screen and put the stock screen back on. I know a lot of folks swear by the touring screen, but I love the way the stock one looks. Also, being a taller guy, the touring screen created a lot of buffeting on my helmet and I was stuck in that weird place in between looking through / over the screen. My other bike is a 2007 Honda 919 and I'd rather be in clean air looking over a screen than looking through a screen with buffeting. I also adjusted the rear pre-load to 20 or 25 which really firmed things up nicely.

Last summer I put almost 3,000 miles on the F6B and another 2,500 on my 919, which is a great riding summer for me. When springtime rolls around, I'm going to check my final drive and other fluid levels to make sure I'm all squared away, as I've seen it recommended to do so. Other than that, I could see throwing in some fog lights and maybe some LED headlights, but I don't think there are any other modifications I'd make. I do wish the bike had a 6th gear as turning 3,000 RPM at highway speeds seems unnecessary on a bike with so much power. Let me know when someone gets that swap all worked out.

Thanks for all the shared knowledge here!

Dan

Before:
    20180510_194244.jpg20180510_194305.jpg

After:
    20180608_171407.jpg20180608_171412.jpg20180608_171418.jpg
    2007 Red Honda 919
    2013 Black Honda F6BD

Quote Originally Posted by DBBBQ View Post
    Greetings everyone!

I joined this group a little while back and have been lurking for the better part of a year while I was doing my research. In May of 2018 I bought my 2013 F6B Deluxe from the second owner with 7,600 miles on the clock. The first owner put a fair amount of upgrades on the bike including:

Torq Loopz
    Slip ons with 2 different baffles
    Kuryakyn driver floorboards
    Kuryakyn heel-toe shifter and brake lever
    Kuryakyn folding passenger floorboards
    Kuryakyn highway pegs
    Kuryakyn throttle lock
    Touring vented windscreen

I don't know if the second owner was aware of all these accessories and while I can't say I'd spend as much myself, I'm not going to complain about them being there.

I hopped a one way flight to Pennsylvania and rode the bike back home to Michigan that same day, taking a pit stop for dinner and to visit a buddy in Toledo. As soon as I got home, I removed the passenger back rest and the touring screen and put the stock screen back on. I know a lot of folks swear by the touring screen, but I love the way the stock one looks. Also, being a taller guy, the touring screen created a lot of buffeting on my helmet and I was stuck in that weird place in between looking through / over the screen. My other bike is a 2007 Honda 919 and I'd rather be in clean air looking over a screen than looking through a screen with buffeting. I also adjusted the rear pre-load to 20 or 25 which really firmed things up nicely.

Last summer I put almost 3,000 miles on the F6B and another 2,500 on my 919, which is a great riding summer for me. When springtime rolls around, I'm going to check my final drive and other fluid levels to make sure I'm all squared away, as I've seen it recommended to do so. Other than that, I could see throwing in some fog lights and maybe some LED headlights, but I don't think there are any other modifications I'd make. I do wish the bike had a 6th gear as turning 3,000 RPM at highway speeds seems unnecessary on a bike with so much power. Let me know when someone gets that swap all worked out.

Thanks for all the shared knowledge here!

Dan

Before:
    20180510_194244.jpg20180510_194305.jpg

After:
    20180608_171407.jpg20180608_171412.jpg20180608_171418.jpg

Welcome aboard! Great bunch on here, they'll share any info they have. Ask a question & you'll get several answers as to how they handled the same problem / fix / upgrade...…..oil & tires, you'll get lots of different opinions as to which is better / best & worst.

Welcome!

Where in Michigan are you, I'm in Toledo, Ohio.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Check the Map of Owners thread for other members near you that are enjoying similar weather....lol

Also check the gouge thread:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8...ted-8-Jun-2017
    ...for some things to check on your new "best bike ever!"

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Good looking ride ya got there.

Welcome from Wisconsin

Welcome from your Ohio sworn enemy!! Your scoot looks great!!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and for the suggestions. I'm in Metro Detroit, back and forth between Troy and Ann Arbor. Definitely looking forward to spending another summer riding.
    2007 Red Honda 919
    2013 Black Honda F6BD