Fast Cruisers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Cruisers

Fast Cruisers

Hard to make an exact determination as to what exactly a Cruiser is but: I'm thinking and in order V-Max, Diavel, Rocket, Valk/F6B, V-Rod, Octane, M109 then one of the high dollar HDs maybe? The question is does the new GW with no trunk make it self a position at number 4 pushing our old 6s back a notch?

The F6B is not a cruiser but a bagger. The F6C Valkyrie is a cruiser. Muscle cruisers do not have bags but are large bikes for around town. Muscle cruisers are soft in the market now. Not enough muscle to outgun a crotch rocket and not enough storage to compete with a bagger / touring bike.

Vtx 1800
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Considering that the 2018+ 1833cc is limited to 112 mph and our OLD tired, out dated F6B’s are limited to 125 mph. With the smaller fuel tank yet higher mpg of the 1833 compared to our larger capacity fuel tank and lower mpg’s, how far you can travel before needing to fill up is nearly a wash also. The 1833 requires more oil at change and if you have a DCT you need another oil filter for the transmission. Most if not all the bikes on your list will out run the new Wing in a top end run. The 1833 DCT in sport mode with it’s traction control will take the lead but roll over on its self at 112 mph. Our F6Bs will then real them in and pass. Now if you like and understand and use the electronic gadgets on the 1833 then it surpasses our F6Bs.

I cruise quite comfortably on my ‘16 Deluxe..!

Quote Originally Posted by soupbean View Post
    I cruise quite comfortably on my ‘16 Deluxe..!
    +1

Agree with Dirtstiff on the VTX 1800, have one and really like it, most don't think it will keep up with the top bikes for quickness, but it is plenty strong enough for me. And yes soupbean I love the comfort of my F6B also and it is more than quick enough for me.

I had a 1500 Valkyrie. that thing was bad ass for 50 or so yards. Torque vs weight the thing would move. about the time it got moving good in 4th gear it was just out or a nice ride. I always figured all the low end power was because of he offset 6 degree timing gear they installed on Valk motors

I've never thought "cruiser" was a term used for anything but V-Twins.

What is the Boss Hoss considered? It has a small block Chevy 350 V8 and weighs in at well over 1,000 lbs.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!