August 21st --> August 25th --> Tail of the Dragon and surroundings - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: August 21st --> August 25th --> Tail of the Dragon and surroundings

There are some beautiful roads in the North GA mountains also. Blue Ridge, GA?
    Last edited by Big TP; 01-22-2019 at 04:25 PM.

The area around Franklin is one of my favorites, have made many trips that way. Last year did three days based out of Franklin and to the East you can ride all day with curve after curve on mostly back roads and very little traffic. Or you can head to the North and West just a bit and ride the Dragon but on the way catch some more great seldom travelled back roads. West also has some fantastic curves. IMG_5326.JPG IMG_5327.JPG

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    How come there are 400 views on this thread but only 11 replies. Am I missing the elephant in the room? Usually this topic is 6 pages deep by now. What gives? I will try to attend the rally wherever it is held. How many are planning to attend this years rally? I am in, just tell me where.
    So why are most being super quiet on this subject?

I should be able to make the rally again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    How come there are 400 views on this thread but only 11 replies. Am I missing the elephant in the room? Usually this topic is 6 pages deep by now. What gives? I will try to attend the rally wherever it is held. How many are planning to attend this years rally? I am in, just tell me where.
    Speaking just for me, I'm here daily but lost my bike in an accident, so won't be attending.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I hope to attend and would be happy to share some the roads I know to be excellent for motorcycling.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Hey Russel, It's actually a bit early. You'll see more activity come spring time when most thaw out.
    The Room Rate is much higher this time around, this for some might be more then they want to spend and it's understandable. I read several complaints of recent gatherings regarding accommodations not meeting everyones standards so I selected a better facility (I hope) this time around. It is a repeat location so that may not interest others. I like all of the roads in the Franklin area and never get tired of them. Let's face it, the F6B is no longer being produced and like other motorcycle specific rallies, these gatherings become smaller every year. 30-50 is a nice size group. This will be another nice event.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Hey Russel, It's actually a bit early. You'll see more activity come spring time when most thaw out.
    The Room Rate is much higher this time around, this for some might be more then they want to spend and it's understandable. I read several complaints of recent gatherings regarding accommodations not meeting everyones standards so I selected a better facility (I hope) this time around. It is a repeat location so that may not interest others. I like all of the roads in the Franklin area and never get tired of them. Let's face it, the F6B is no longer being produced and like other motorcycle specific rallies, these gatherings become smaller every year. 30-50 is a nice size group. This will be another nice event.

There are plenty of GREAT roads to ride in that area and even if you have been there a dozen times it'll always be fun. I don't go to see the touristy stuff but to get my "motor head" adrenaline flowing as well as meeting people with similar interest. Looking forward to it myself.

2018 Goldwing DCT
    Matte Majestic Silver
    wide variety of music on the USB

Ive never done the dragon and would love to experience it atleast once. I think I will look into joining in on the fun.

Will be in the area several times this year. Looking forward to meeting fellow B'ers.
    ITS ALL GOOD