August 21st --> August 25th --> Tail of the Dragon and surroundings - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: August 21st --> August 25th --> Tail of the Dragon and surroundings

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Hey Russel, It's actually a bit early. You'll see more activity come spring time when most thaw out.
    The Room Rate is much higher this time around, this for some might be more then they want to spend and it's understandable. I read several complaints of recent gatherings regarding accommodations not meeting everyones standards so I selected a better facility (I hope) this time around. It is a repeat location so that may not interest others. I like all of the roads in the Franklin area and never get tired of them. Let's face it, the F6B is no longer being produced and like other motorcycle specific rallies, these gatherings become smaller every year. 30-50 is a nice size group. This will be another nice event.

I was one of those, but may have tempered my complaints if you had gone to Cortez!

If that spot to stay is not acceptable plenty of motels are in the area. My preference that I have stayed in many times and will this time also is the Colonial Inn South of town and not that far from the host site. All single floor rooms so your bike is right at the room door and about half the cost. Still clean but not fancy at all.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Hey Anthony,

It's not too expensive, especially if you share the room with someone. Makes it affordable to most everyone. Looking forward to it. I will be there. Count me in. Plus folks need to ride that new section of the foothills parkway. Fantastic ride.
    I am up that way all summer. If you need me to do anything up that way let me know.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Hey Anthony,

It's not too expensive, especially if you share the room with someone. Makes it affordable to most everyone. Looking forward to it. I will be there. Count me in. Plus folks need to ride that new section of the foothills parkway. Fantastic ride.
    I am up that way all summer. If you need me to do anything up that way let me know.
    Thank You Russel, we will be in touch.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Is there any confusion (other than my own) about the state in which this event is being held?

allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Framen View Post
    Is there any confusion (other than my own) about the state in which this event is being held?

allen
    State of Confusion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    State of Confusion..........
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. Unfortunately, I have to fly to Telluride the previous week and won't have time to ride all the way to California.

allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Framen View Post
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. Unfortunately, I have to fly to Telluride the previous week and won't have time to ride all the way to California.

allen
    That's a good one !
    Last year we stayed in North Carolina, not sure about this year.

From the original and first post: I like going back to a popular destination that we have been to in the past, the Tail of the Dragon area, Franklin SC

Hampton Inn

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Hampton Inn (Julie), King size Bed $110 or a room with 2 Queen Size Beds for $119
    Not wanting to tell you what to do, but it might help to put up the phone number address and such for the Hampton Inn
    for everybody. That includes me to make it a little easier for the elderly.