August 21st --> August 25th --> Tail of the Dragon and surroundings - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: August 21st --> August 25th --> Tail of the Dragon and surroundings

Quote Originally Posted by Cali261 View Post

Okay - now THAT'S what the 2020 Rally is going to be like!

Curious if there is anyone in Franklin.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Well, unfortunately, last week my Goldwing ended up in the shop.
    New right handlebar cluster replaced, the Big Girl is home now, just not in time for my trip up to Franklin.
    Enjoy the roads, be careful, don't try to outride your limitations .... you have nothing to prove to anyone, ride safe!
    Not surprised!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

I pulled out and come home. Spent 5 days down there and never saw another F6. No replies to my inquiries here, went by the hotel and saw nothing. Was really looking fwd to meeting and looking over some other bikes. Maybe next year.

Is it still a rally if only one bike shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Is it still a rally if only one bike shows up?
    This whole thread is weird.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Not surprised!
    My apologies Bill,
    As I stated earlier in the year just show up and ride, no-one was obligated.
    My electrical issues earlier in the year also prevented me from attending Daytona and a ride with friends down to Key West.
    People throughout the year did not show interest for a gathering without a tent, food, organized rides, evening events and the works.
    My bike is fine now and I am still planning on going up and will ride with my bride.

However I will coordinate a Full MONTY Rally for 2020, its going to take the help of 3-4 volunteers.
    In the past it was the vendors that paid for all of the expenses, are people willing to contribute/donate towards a Full size tent with sides in case it rains, tables, chairs, beverages and snacks for the whole 3 days?

We can implement a "Cash Kitty" where everyone that attends puts $100 into it to cover all expenses. I'm willing to put $500 into it as seed money, what say you?

I can reproduce shirts based on pre-orders with the Simple and very popular design, the one with the F6B in wispy lines.

Asheville North Carolina is the Home Base, Exit 40 off I-26 --->Airport Road
    September 3, 4 and 5th 2020

Hotel to be determined, plenty to chose from. The Clarion is my first choice. It has a large grass area for a tent on the West side and plenty of parking for pick-up trucks with trailers.

https://www.romanticasheville.com/motorcycle_drives.htm

ALL of the major Restaurants are right around us.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Sooooooooooo, was I the only person that showed up? Or was anyone else there?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    seven twenty, please accept my apologies.

The lack of interest from members and my mistake of assuming that people would still show up without any expectations of previous Rallies on a non-holiday weekend was a mistake on my part. The issues with my Goldwing were a last minute surprise. I take full responsibility and will re-focus my efforts to LEAD and coordinate another great F6B rally. Daytona Beach FL, October 17th through the 20th is another possible meeting place later this year. I noticed on the last Daytona Gathering posted by others only one or two showed up for that. Yes, the F6B crowd is shrinking and since the F6B is no longer produced, sadly these gatherings will become smaller even with someone leading the way.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

No apologies needed, things happen. I was just curious if I missed anyone. There were a few that posted earlier they were going then in the last couple of weeks the thread went dead. I still had a great time and leaving early saved riding in some weather it looks like.

I'll look fwd to next yr