comfortable highway pegs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comfortable highway pegs?

comfortable highway pegs?

I am asking to get input on the Rivco Aero pegs mounted on the valve covers VS. the Kuryakyn highway pegs mounted on the front crash bar? Which do you prefer and why? Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I have the Kuryakyn Ergo III pegs in black. Have served me well for about 15k miles. No experience with the Rivco pegs.

I use the Ergos also and they do seem to have a good bit of adjustability and the Rivcos look to have none. The horror stories about the Rivcos causing damage to the engine heads with a tip over also make me stay away.

I have the AeroPegs from Rivco. They are adjusted all the way to the rear position (3 positions total) and I have a 30" inseam. They are comfortable for me and do their job well.

2wheelsforme is correct that there were people who left their pegs extended, the bike got tipped over, and the pressure caused damage. Rivco has since 'notched' the pegs so they'll break away before causing any damage. They have also put a little peg on the underside for easier movement.

I had some Kury 2s....Comfortable, but I just couldn't deal with the whole "bolt-on" look - I have a Harley for that. Also, I found the Kury's got in the way of 'spirited handling' at times and that precious black finish went to bare metal in a hurry.

Isleen has smooth lines and I wanted to keep her that way.
    Re-reading this, I'm pretty sure it didn't help....lol.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I currently have the Ergo 2’s on the bike. I did have the 3’s and about 4 years ago I had a little incident where the bike went down on it side. The Ergo 3 peg was mounted where it was most comfortable for me and wouldn’t you know it, it bent up and cracked the valve cover. So what I am saying is that both can cause damage. The Rivco’s are adjustable and can be moved front to back 2-3 inches. I like the sleek look of the Rivco’s. I question being able to open them while riding. One video I watched said you could not but I think it was an old video because I have also read there are nubs underneath so you can open them while riding. I have also read they are designed to break off before they do damage to the valve cover in the event of tip over. I am considering the Rivco’s as a replacement to the Ergo 2’s I presently have. If I go with the Rivco’s I’ll sell the Ergo’s.

I have the Ergo II on my B and Ergo III on my 1800 Valkyrie both are very comfortable.

I like my Kuryakyn's lots of different ways to adjust them, until you get them just right...……...haven't tried the others but these work good for me. +++ if you go down, you damage the peg maybe the guard but you don't break the valve cover.

Rivco looks much better and works great. As mentioned earlier 3 position mounting. I have Rivco on my wing and Ergo 3 on my new to me F6B had ergo 2 on my old B I like the Rivco pegs. If I could get fair price on my Ergo 3 pegs that are just like new. I would buy another set f Rivco.

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Rivco looks much better and works great. As mentioned earlier 3 position mounting. I have Rivco on my wing and Ergo 3 on my new to me F6B had ergo 2 on my old B I like the Rivco pegs. If I could get fair price on my Ergo 3 pegs that are just like new. I would buy another set f Rivco.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Aero Pegs are the way to go. They look clean, look as if they came from the factory on the bike. They also do not compromise your lean angle. I have them on the Rune and on my last 2 F6Bs The only negative is that they are a bit expensive. But I love them. Never had an issue with them. I would also buy a set if someone were selling a pair.