Extended warranty coverage/repairs issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended warranty coverage/repairs issue

Extended warranty coverage/repairs issue

Has anyone had trouble getting Honda to approve any warranty repairs? I was first told by Honda, it covers anything that doesn't wear out. Such as brake pads, clutch, spark plugs, battery, ect. I have 120,000+ miles on my F6B and a little over 3 years left on my extended warranty. I bought it April 2018. I just had a rt fork seal blow and I am noticing a click in my steering bearing. Honda denied both. From experience, do you agree with Honda? Or do you know an avenue I should take to try and have Honda cover it? I read the warranty book and there seems to be a grey area on what they cover. I don't know that fork seals are a maintenance item, since I don't see where I needed to service them at certain intervals. Maybe someone here knows they are a maintenance item per Honda standards.

I would have to agree that fork seals and fork bearings are wearable items and not considered a failure item.

Was it Honda or the dealer that made that call.

on my 2013, at 2 years & 10 months i had the right side fork seal leaking, they covered all but the bushing/guide .... total cost to me was around $25 or $30 (as i recall)
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

From what I've heard, fork seals are hit or miss. I'm sure the better dealers push Honda to cover them. As for me, I just replace them myself even in the warranty period. I live so far from a dealer that making the arrangements to leave my bike there isn't worth the trouble.

If the other problem is steering head bearings, that should be covered without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyseahawk View Post
    Has anyone had trouble getting Honda to approve any warranty repairs? I was first told by Honda, it covers anything that doesn't wear out. Such as brake pads, clutch, spark plugs, battery, ect. I have 120,000+ miles on my F6B and a little over 3 years left on my extended warranty. I bought it April 2018. I just had a rt fork seal blow and I am noticing a click in my steering bearing. Honda denied both. From experience, do you agree with Honda? Or do you know an avenue I should take to try and have Honda cover it? I read the warranty book and there seems to be a grey area on what they cover. I don't know that fork seals are a maintenance item, since I don't see where I needed to service them at certain intervals. Maybe someone here knows they are a maintenance item per Honda standards.
    With a 120,000 miles on the bike, I doubt you'll get much support from Honda on things like your talking about....Heck man we all get worn out after lots of miles...Regards and ride safe

It's unlimited mileage.
    My Honda dealer replaced a headlight for me about 20 years back.
    Don't know if they would do it today.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    With a 120,000 miles on the bike, I doubt you'll get much support from Honda on things like your talking about....Heck man we all get worn out after lots of miles...Regards and ride safe
    If Honda doesn't want to honor a warranty claim at 120,000 miles, then they shouldn't sell vehicles with an 'unlimited mileage warranty'. When businesses make claims they won't honor it damages their reputation. Years ago, after I bought my first Valkyrie, a service manager told me Honda would bend over backwards to honor every possible Goldwing warranty claim. They realized Goldwing riders were loyal and very important to the company. But Honda is a different company these days.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    If Honda doesn't want to honor a warranty claim at 120,000 miles, then they shouldn't sell vehicles with an 'unlimited mileage warranty'. When businesses make claims they won't honor it damages their reputation. Years ago, after I bought my first Valkyrie, a service manager told me Honda would bend over backwards to honor every possible Goldwing warranty claim. They realized Goldwing riders were loyal and very important to the company. But Honda is a different company these days.
    Yet... It's obvious that they are trying to build bikes that will appeal to a new generation of riders. Part of the appeal will be that the company has been one to value their customers and honor their warranties. Yes, Gold Wing riders have been loyal and important, but Honda are looking beyond the OG (if you will). I think they know that if they abandon those qualities, then they cannot come back to the greater profitability as they hope.

I don't think Honda has failed on the customer service front. That's not been my experience. (Disclaimer - of course not all dealers are equal and YMMV.)

Ride safe, brothers.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I'm a mechnical claims adjuster and we deal with gray areas all the time. I wouldn't give up easy, escalate the issue to the next in line, keep at it till you wear them down, but be respectful. I see all kinds of claims I originally denied that get approve once it gets escalated. I would think the bearing should at the very least be covered.