Extended warranty coverage/repairs issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended warranty coverage/repairs issue

Quote Originally Posted by Fourks View Post
    I'm a mechnical claims adjuster and we deal with gray areas all the time. I wouldn't give up easy, escalate the issue to the next in line, keep at it till you wear them down, but be respectful. I see all kinds of claims I originally denied that get approve once it gets escalated. I would think the bearing should at the very least be covered.
    I somewhat agree with you and I hope the guy finds some satisfaction with Honda's extended warranty...My impression is that most of the time folks, with these types of claims, don't have 120,000 miles on a fairly new bike. Honda is most likely playing the "what are the odds game" and really don't want to pay for the repairs/parts.. Perhaps both Honda and the owner can come to terms satisfactory to both soon so the guy can get his bike back on the road in good shape...Regards and ride safe...

I bought the extended warranty for my 2013, and after 3-4 years, 25k miles or so, the exhaust tips rotted out from the inside. Even though the warranty says exhaust is covered, they denied my claim. Dealer escalated to regional rep, denied. I mailed the rotted tips to Honda corporate saying I didnt think anything should rot out on my bike after 25k miles/3-4 years, again denied.

Never bought an extended service contract--actually, they are insurance policies, and to break even, you are betting your bike will brake down, as that's the only way you will recover anything. Never on any bike or truck or car. I saved enough by not getting the extended policies, to buy a new motorcycle.