Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
Don't forget about the college debt they come out with. Takes decades to pay it off.
But it doesn't HAVE to. Poor decisions spur many of those with huge debt. Taking your gen-eds at a local community college as opposed to the 4-year university is a great way to save money. Not like those gen-eds you take in your first 2 years are much different from school-to-school. In my experience, many times, those with mass debt didn't know what they wanted to do when they went into college and 'experimented', changing majors like I change socks.

The armed forces are still hiring and provide great educational benefits. Lastly, not everyone's meant for the ivory. Trade schools can prepare you for a great career. Check out Mike Rowe Works for examples. I'd love to see the folks that work on my F6B be treated, taught, and experienced like those Porche maintenance apprentices I used to drink with over in Germany, instead of some junior that went to a current highschool that doesn't even include a shop-class.