Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
Every generation loves to shake their heads at younger generations. My father said me and my friends were lazy and did not care about getting ahead in this world. His father told him and his friends that they were a bunch of pot smoking, bandana wearing wannabe hippies who were doomed. Each generation also fears the next generation's ability to pay for their social security.

Well, most of us turned out fine, and so will these guys. Even if spoiled, the world will whip most of them into shape, just it did to me when my mom stopped doing my laundry and paying for my car insurance at age 23.

"The kids will be alright".

That being said, recreational vehicles tend to wax and wane. Didn't the motorcycle industry fear going out of business 30-40 years ago? It will always be around, manufacturers will adjust. If it goes away, it will go away due to market forces, which can be harsh.
Student loans are a factor affecting lots of recreational products. These loans often run 10 years or more, and soak up discretionary funds that could otherwise go to bikes, boats, etc.