Harley in big financial trouble

Thread: Harley in big financial trouble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds like you raised some great kids! I agree with HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE and that is lacking in our society and our parenting. My Daughter calls me the Tiger Dad so at least she's feeling the pressure. I do worry that they are seriously ill equipped if I was being totally honest. Suggesting that you need an above average IQ to ride a F6B sounds a bit elitist to me. I have an average IQ and turn wrenches for a living, and I do just fine on a bike. I have owned my own business most of my life, and make good money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourks View Post
    Sounds like you raised some great kids! I agree with HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE and that is lacking in our society and our parenting. My Daughter calls me the Tiger Dad so at least she's feeling the pressure. I do worry that they are seriously ill equipped if I was being totally honest. Suggesting that you need an above average IQ to ride a F6B sounds a bit elitist to me. I have an average IQ and turn wrenches for a living, and I do just fine on a bike. I have owned my own business most of my life, and make good money.
    No sir, not at all. Please no offense!

And I don't think I wrote that one needed an "above average IQ to ride a F6B"
    I wrote:
    "Now granted, someone with an IQ of 70 is not going to do what my kids did, and they are probably never going to have the disposable income to buy a $35,000 motorcycle and we probably wouldn't want them on a motorcycle in the first place."

Quick explanation:
    Average is 100. If you are running your own business and have managed to keep the IRS out of your life, I would say you are WELL above average!
    A 70 IQ is two standard deviations below "average" indicating a mind that cannot perceive and react - quickly or at all - to situations. The Cognitive Classification is "Very Dull" - the lowest one.

Again, I am not suggesting it takes above average intelligence to operate a motorcycle. Let's keep things in context here.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce