Four of my five kids went to college in Utah and couple of them got married there...As a result we made many, many trips across I-80 from Michigan to Utah and it can be "cool as a cucumber drive" or miserable with black ice in parts of Wyoming...As said above, the winds can get pretty nasty at times and it does not seem to matter what time of year you travel...M son-in-law rode his Valkyrie out here from Utah a few years back and it rained for most all the 1700 miles...I have driven in the car, never on the bike, in rain, snow, sleet, black ice, closed roads in Wyoming and also on beautiful sunny days...Basically it is a "crap shoot" from a weather standpoint....We are driving to Utah early next month for my granddaughter's wedding, unless the weather forecast is lousy...At 79 years old now, I am much more selective about when I drive and where....You should be fine as most states across this area have frequent rest stops and numerous gas stops except for Wyoming...Regards and ride safe