Great idea / Tune / O2 Eliminator / Open Loop / Bung
GoldWingHIDS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great idea / Tune / O2 Eliminator / Open Loop / Bung

Great idea / Tune / O2 Eliminator / Open Loop / Bung

So I had an idea and would like to get feedback from anyone who has done the same. I came across oxygen sensor O2 eliminator sensors that keep the check engine light off and keep the bike using the OEM map tune from Honda instead of allowing the o2 sensors send a signal during light load to lean out the mixture to 14.7 for epa reasons. Basically the same sensors that a piggy back module uses so the bike runs off of the tune map. I figure mother Honda knows best with their 3D fuel map tables and I would just use those all the time vs letting the O2 lean the mixture during light and steady modes. This should help the bike run cooler too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 02-20-2019 at 07:57 AM.

I don't have a over heating problem. My "B" runs great "box stock".
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Not sure what the benefit would be if you canít tune the ECM, and run it on a Dino. plus I would think it would cause issues with your Catlytic converter.

Do you realize that most of your riding isn’t based upon the stock fuel map tune but leaned out for emission reasons. Your open loop Honda fuel map tune is used under load or under acceleration. During steady cruise and low load, the O2 sensors sends signal to ECM which lean out the fuel/air mixture for closed loop. This is why piggy back ECM such as Fuel Moto and others have much better responsiveness throughput the whole rpm than stock tune. I had great results from my past experience with my Harley bikes with O2 simulators and going to give the F6B a shot. O2 simulators are only about $20 a piece and the O2 bung plug is about $5 each. So for less than $50, I will find out. It only took me 45 minutes to an hour to remove the O2 sensor and wiring. As soon as the plugs arrive I will install and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Do you realize that most of your riding isn’t based upon the stock fuel map tune but leaned out for emission reasons. Your open loop Honda fuel map tune is used under load or under acceleration. During steady cruise and low load, the O2 sensors sends signal to ECM which lean out the fuel/air mixture for closed loop. This is why piggy back ECM such as Fuel Moto and others have much better responsiveness throughput the whole rpm than stock tune. I had great results from my past experience with my Harley bikes with O2 simulators and going to give the F6B a shot. O2 simulators are only about $20 a piece and the O2 bung plug is about $5 each. So for less than $50, I will find out. It only took me 45 minutes to an hour to remove the O2 sensor and wiring. As soon as the plugs arrive I will install and report back.
    Definitely makes me a little nervous because I know little about this, but for the same reason I'm looking forward to hearing your results. Good luck with it!

Jason

I did not realize that under load and acceleration the ecm uses the look up tables, that’s interesting. if that’s true, why remove the o2’s since they only kick closed loop when not loading? Seems like the Honda engineers have it figured out.

It may fix the delayed throttle response and unsteady power delivery at low rpms that many complain about. You know the low speed stumble that some have. Closed loop is used for emission reasons. The ECM defaults to open loop under load as the mixture is enriched for safe power delivery. You would never want 14.7 under load so why have it at ~2000 to ~3000 rpms while under light load?

Quote Originally Posted by Fourks View Post
    I did not realize that under load and acceleration the ecm uses the look up tables, that’s interesting. if that’s true, why remove the o2’s since they only kick closed loop when not loading? Seems like the Honda engineers have it figured out.
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 01-27-2019 at 11:56 PM.

That’s interesting, I could see how always being in open loop could eliminate stumble. It makes sense that the engineers tables would be geared more toward performance knowing that closed loop would meet emission requirements. I’ve never really done much tuning, just kept them running per manufactures spec, and mostly automotive. Keep us posted.

Worked out perfect. Bike runs great and better at low rpms / low load situations. Very pleased.

Joflewbyu2, where did you get the eliminator and what is the plug size?
    Last edited by TailGunner; 03-02-2019 at 09:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://hondaf6b.com/image.php?u=3965&type=sigpic&dateline=1471132754