Backrest options vs. Biker's Friend roll bag.

Thread: Backrest options vs. Biker's Friend roll bag.

Backrest options vs. Biker's Friend roll bag.

Been thinking about a backrest or going fully monty and getting an RDL seat with the backrest, but for the interim, maybe going with a Biker's Friend XL bag for the F6b. Anyone use the biker's friend roll bags on their bikes? Just figured since I am going to head out on some longer rides this year, having that luggage option with a built in backrest may be a nice option for the time being.

I have a Biker's friend extra large. I bought it several years ago before a long trip I was planning. Anyway, when packing for the trip I realized that the thing was too heavy. So I ended up buying a Dowco which holds just as much but with better side pockets at much less weight... And a lot cheaper. Another thing that I don't like about the Biker's friend is that it is round so it wants to roll with the motion of the bike. Then there are the side pockets that are so tight as to be almost useless. My Dowco has great usable side pockets which I recommend that you include good side pockets in your criteria because they are so handy on a trip.(my Dowco is no longer available) Also, you can lean against any motorcycle luggage if it is tied down securely. I lean against my Dowco. Heck!, back in the day I used to lean against the ladies carry on luggage that I tied down to my Harley.

Here is my recommendation, as much as I hate Jeff Bezos. Read reviews of different motorcycle luggage then buy it on Amazon and if you hate it send it back and order a different one and tell them Tom sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by xgringo View Post
    I have a Biker's friend extra large. I bought it several years ago before a long trip I was planning. Anyway, when packing for the trip I realized that the thing was too heavy. So I ended up buying a Dowco which holds just as much but with better side pockets at much less weight... And a lot cheaper. Another thing that I don't like about the Biker's friend is that it is round so it wants to roll with the motion of the bike. Then there are the side pockets that are so tight as to be almost useless. My Dowco has great usable side pockets which I recommend that you include good side pockets in your criteria because they are so handy on a trip.(my Dowco is no longer available) Also, you can lean against any motorcycle luggage if it is tied down securely. I lean against my Dowco. Heck!, back in the day I used to lean against the ladies carry on luggage that I tied down to my Harley.

Here is my recommendation, as much as I hate Jeff Bezos. Read reviews of different motorcycle luggage then buy it on Amazon and if you hate it send it back and order a different one and tell them Tom sent you.
    Any interest in selling your Biker's Friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Been thinking about a backrest or going fully monty and getting an RDL seat with the backrest, but for the interim, maybe going with a Biker's Friend XL bag for the F6b. Anyone use the biker's friend roll bags on their bikes? Just figured since I am going to head out on some longer rides this year, having that luggage option with a built in backrest may be a nice option for the time being.
    I used the Bikers Friend XL twice... on a one week solo trip down south ( avatar pic ) and another solo weekend trip up north. It worked perfectly for me. I had an accident since and sold it to a friend. I didn't have a backrest either. With the cords they give you, I made it work. Also, mine DIDN'T have the backrest attachment. I recommend them.
    Last edited by wjduke; 01-28-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Any interest in selling your Biker's Friend?
    I apologize but I just can't deal with that shipping and handling thing. However, if the little nit picks that I mentioned about the Biker's Friend don't bother you I'm sure it will serve you well.

Enjoy!! Tom
    Last edited by xgringo; 01-29-2019 at 10:51 AM.

I have owned and used the BF XL with backrest for 10+ years, and it works well. I installed it on a Suzuki M90, Kawasaki Concours and most recently on the F6b. Last month I purchased a Ultimate Seat with a driver backrest for the F6b. As such, I don't have to have the BF on the bike when doing short rides. I recommend the BF with backrest as an interim purchase.