Sore Back and Groin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sore Back and Groin

Sore Back and Groin

I have had back surgery, and up until recently my back has not impacted my riding (I have done several Iron Butt rides). Recently, my left groin has been cramping up after as little as an hour of riding. It seems to be starting at my left "butt bone." I am currently using a Mustang seat. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and more importantly, has anyone come up with a solution...maybe a softer seat???

Aleve works well for me on long trips bike or auto. https://www.drugs.com/aleve.html

I too have had back surgery (disc removed).
    For me a Russell Day Long (great folks to work with) & Heli Bars seem to have worked on my "B". RDL with risers & pull backs, worked on 2 other bikes.
    If you have the OEM Honda seat, you wouldn't be with out a seat.
    I had raise foot pegs that made my hips hurt, went back to OEM.
    I've never used a Mustang, they are great looking seats.
    Ever use a "bone cracker"? After trying 6 or 7, I found a good one that helped me a lot....... Then I moved

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    For me a Russell Day Long (great folks to work with) & Heli Bars seem to have worked on my "B". RDL with risers & pull backs, worked on 2 other bikes.
    Ever use a "bone cracker"? After trying 6 or 7, I found a good one that helped me a lot....... Then I moved
    +1 one on the Aleve medication..Works great for me on longer rides to help with back and hip issues..Seems to work for about 4/5 hours until it wears off..Recently posted on an Internet medical web-site, they reported that long-term use of Aleve is not good for you, but I don't take it that often...I've tried different seats, etc. but cannot justify the cost compared to a bottle of Aleve..My Mustang seat is just fine....Regards and ride safe

Are you sitting on your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Are you sitting on your wallet?
    No I am not...Money is far from any issues with my current bike/seat/bars...As I get older and my riding miles are slowing down a lot, I am very satisfied with my set-up as it is.....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    No I am not...Money is far from any issues with my current bike/seat/bars...As I get older and my riding miles are slowing down a lot, I am very satisfied with my set-up as it is.....Regards
    I think that what he meant was that sitting on your wallet really twists your hips and back and cause pain.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Does the Russell seat raise you further off the ground?

I have the highway bars set low so my legs are stretched out straight. Helps with the back pain to have as many different positions as possible.
    Also use the passenger pegs, they let me rock forward off my ass and lean into the bars.
    I ride the stock seat, cant see paying all that $. Getting off to rest the Ass for 10 minuets lets me ride for another couple hours or so.
    The secrete is to get off and walk.
    I did a 900 mile trip last fall through the Hatfield McCoy area from northern Ohio. Took 3 days.
    The ride back was non stop for 6 hours on I77 with a few rest stops. Felt good when I got home.
    ITS ALL GOOD

�� ����
    Years ago I started having problems on one day drives and rides between Minneapolis and Cincinnati. Hot spot on right butt cheek and back and shoulder issues. I was watching a tv show and the wallet issue was brought up. Tried on my next ride and what a relief. Now monkey but was a whole different problem to resolve.
    Last edited by Sorcerer; 01-28-2019 at 07:26 PM.