Sore Back and Groin - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sore Back and Groin

Early last Summer I started having left groin pain and thought I had pulled a muscle. Then it worked it's way into my quad in the thigh. Dr. gave me some pain meds and muscle relaxing pills but that didn't do anything. Next was Physical Therapy and after two weeks with no improvement x-rays were ordered and it was discovered I had severe Arthritis (bone on bone)in my left hip so a trip to the Ortho Doc was in order. I was beyond the point of Cortisone injections helping so to my dismay I was scheduled for total hip replacement surgery. The surgery was done the day after Christmas and I am well on the way to being able to ride this year. No pain, just some weakness that has to be built up again due to 7 months of not using the hip much and worst of all no riding since July. So it's been 5 weeks since the repair was done and I'm glad I had it done.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Early last Summer I started having left groin pain and thought I had pulled a muscle. Then it worked it's way into my quad in the thigh. Dr. gave me some pain meds and muscle relaxing pills but that didn't do anything. Next was Physical Therapy and after two weeks with no improvement x-rays were ordered and it was discovered I had severe Arthritis (bone on bone)in my left hip so a trip to the Ortho Doc was in order. I was beyond the point of Cortisone injections helping so to my dismay I was scheduled for total hip replacement surgery. The surgery was done the day after Christmas and I am well on the way to being able to ride this year. No pain, just some weakness that has to be built up again due to 7 months of not using the hip much and worst of all no riding since July. So it's been 5 weeks since the repair was done and I'm glad I had it done.
    Luckily I have not had knee or hip issues so far (79) now, but my wife has had both knees and one hip replaced a while back...She also said it was the best thing for her with the hip replacement and she has no pain now and does not use a cane for help...Good choice and hope all goes well for riding again when the weather gets better....Regards

Agree on the BeadRider. I have one on my OEM seat and it's great. 600,000 cab drivers in NYC can't all be wrong!