Sore Back and Groin - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sore Back and Groin

Quote Originally Posted by indadman View Post
    Does the Russell seat raise you further off the ground?

The RDL does what ever you wish for it to do as far as lower, higher, back more, what ever. They custom make it for you, your specs, weight, wishes. Mine is back and up a good bit more than stock.

+1 = Correct, RDL makes each & every seat for that rider. That's not to say someone else won't love it. I've not noticed any height difference. I'm 5' 10"(after my disc removal) & I'm flat footed while sitting at a light. No problem walking the bike around.

Are you taking any meds, some cholesterol meds increase cramping, I had this issue

I found with the mustang seat if you just use an Air hawk pad it will make quite
    a bit of difference.
    Much less expensive than RDL seat.
    Also bar position makes a lot of difference.

RDL's (GW size S4) hi quality vinyl, custom fit for "rider / solo" start @ $580; leather custom fit for "rider / solo" $780 == if you want custom fit for wife or G/F, the price goes up. Back rest for rider, passenger &/or heat are all extra...… I'm sure Mustang's seats are also hi quality vinyl....RDL does not have "seat pans" or "one size fits all" seats. You have to send them a seat & they'll make it to fit your butt......your butt will be happy & smiling. They're called "day Long" for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I found with the mustang seat if you just use an Air hawk pad it will make quite
    a bit of difference.
    Much less expensive than RDL seat.
    Also bar position makes a lot of difference.
    When you say the Air Hawk pad makes a difference what do you mean?..Also what bar postions are you suggesting?..Heli-bars or risers or?...Just curious...Regards

In my opinion, Heli Bars & a RDL is the best money one can spend on their "B."

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    In my opinion, Heli Bars & a RDL is the best money one can spend on their "B."
    I am sure you are most likely correct with this set-up and I would consider such if I intended to keep my F6B down the road. I don't ride as much as I used to and most of my short rides are 150 miles or less round trip...Looking at downsizing to a lighter bike, Indian Scout, perhaps in the future, if I continue to keeping riding for a couple more years...Only time will tell as I just hit 79 years old this month....Regards

Make sure your rear shock preload is set somewhere 'comfy.'
    Anything above 25 clicks irritates my herniated discs.

I use a BeadRider on my Corbin and that makes for a comfy ride. Also some pretty good ventilation too!

Best of luck!
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

What’s helped me with my back issues more then anything else, is losing twenty five pounds and visits to the gym for weight training work centered around inner core strength. All kinds of studies now on how much a weight training program can do for you as you start to age. I’m in as good of shape as I was in my thirties.