Garmin 595 - what exactly can they do?

Thread: Garmin 595 - what exactly can they do?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes hard wire in the cubby or even better wire direct to batt with it's own fuse. Yes you can get directions thru the audio system on the bike. Yes you can sync your phone with the GPS and receive phone calls or access on line stations like Pandora or the music you have on I-tunes etc. Garmin has an app you put on your phone as least for an I phone I do. You will know when you get a call even with caller ID but can not talk unless you add a mike or a Bluetooth headset and microphone. It is a little complicated as you also can also listen to music stored on the Zumo, the USB port in the left bag and the radio as well as on the phone and on line.
    Thanks a bunch. I will likely pick one up. Amazon and RevZilla basically have it for the same price, all factors considered. Not interested in calls, but am interested in turn-by-turn directions on a route I pre-select, streaming music via my I-tunes, Pandora and Sirius XM possibly, tire pressure monitoring; sounds like it can do all this.

I will ask more questions once I get the unit, but do you run the Garmin through your 3.5mm audio jack or do you use a Bluetooth receiver device that are available online, that you plug your 3.5 mm jack into?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I will ask more questions once I get the unit, but do you run the Garmin through your 3.5mm audio jack or do you use a Bluetooth receiver device that are available online, that you plug your 3.5 mm jack into?
    If you're referring to the 595 which is what I'm familiar with, you can simply connect the Garmin audio out jack (on the existing Garmin wire harness) to the Honda OEM 3.5 jack that resides in the left cubby. That will push turn by turn and other audio cues ( and there are others like music and speed warnings etc..) from the Garmin to your bike speakers or your Honda comms system.

Or if you prefer Bluetooth connectivity it is available out-of-the-box in the unit. No need for adapters for any compatible devices.

Happy trails..
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!