Black Mufflers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Mufflers

Black Mufflers

Found a set of Black mufflers at a good price. Waiting to hear what year they came from.
    I want the louder ones. I've seen a set that came from a 2013 model but hear the 15's are the louder ones.
    Didn't think 2013 models had black mufflers that year.
    Anybody know which ones (years) have the louder tone?
    ITS ALL GOOD

I think all the blacks are the same and started in 15.

Personally, I miss the quiet chrome mufflers on my 2013 F6B. At some speeds the noise from my 2016 can be irritating. I don't know why Honda couldn't have made them sound better, like the old Valkyries. Maybe the catalytic converter has something to do with it.

I'm almost certain U.S. models produced in 2013 & 2014 had the chrome quieter exhaust. In 2015 & 2016 the exhaust was black and a deeper tone. I've owned both and prefer the black over the chrome. Also, I put a set of black OEM exhaust on a red 2013 F6B and it looked so much better than the chrome. Personally, I can't tell much of a difference in the exhaust note out on the road.

I just found a video that I made comparing the chrome and black exhausts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XBsOhDC0Sao

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDc23Fg5azw

I agree. Owned both and not much of a difference. After owning many Harleys, I welcome the either.

GW in 2015, 2016 and 2017 had black mufflers that had better ground clearance and were quieter than the F6Bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    GW in 2015, 2016 and 2017 had black mufflers that had better ground clearance and were quieter than the F6Bs.
    I didn't realize the GW had better ground clearance during those years, but now that you mention it, I haven't scraped the pegs nearly as much on my 2016 F6B as on my 2013. Maybe the F6B had more clearance too. I thought the dealer might have bumped up the rear shock preload.
    Last edited by F6Dave; 02-15-2019 at 09:32 PM.

I stated the GW has better clearance which is due from the shorter angle up exhaust tip. BTW, the tip can not be swapped without modifications since the F6B exhaust silencer has a larger diameter outlet which is longer. The outlet would need to be cut and then the tip would not slip on due to the diameter difference. Keep in mind I am talking about the outlet tip after you remove the chrome/black beauty tip which is held on by screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I stated the GW has better clearance which is due from the shorter angle up exhaust tip. BTW, the tip can not be swapped without modifications since the F6B exhaust silencer has a larger diameter outlet which is longer. The outlet would need to be cut and then the tip would not slip on due to the diameter difference. Keep in mind I am talking about the outlet tip after you remove the chrome/black beauty tip which is held on by screws.
    So are you saying the muffler diameter is different, or the muffler tail pipe under the tip is different.
    Last edited by tenxxx; 02-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    ITS ALL GOOD