WoW !! Night & Day Difference

Thread: WoW !! Night & Day Difference

WoW !! Night & Day Difference

Well since I decided not to buy a new bike I decided to modify and maintenance mine. The Alley Kat all stainless mufflers that I found new old stock from 2008 are amazing. By far the best set out of the ones I had before - Cobra Six-2-Six and TBR Comp S. The O2 eliminators improve the low speed low load driveability. The black ceramic Torq Loopz installed perfectly without any issues. And my last maintenance item was accomplished which was the factory air filter change. Was going to plug the PAIR system vent in airbox but decided not to since I was not sure if that would set a light code. Plugging it would not improve performance but would stop some exhaust popping by blocking the air supply from being pumped into the exhaust when under light load - closed loop. Very happy camper with my SPORTY F6B. It now has a different attitude.
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 02-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.

When you say the O2 simulators "improve low speed driveability", what are you experiencing on the bike that feels different from before?

Jason

The slight low speed stumble and low rpm hesitation is gone while low rpm throttle response is improved. No more jerky throttle response at low rpm anymore. I got the below items. Because I decided to do this I figured might as well do the Torq Loopz too as well as mufflers. All I know is now after doing all that plus a factor air filter the bike runs fantastic.

Do do not get the ones that say for GL1800 as their market is different and the eliminators won’t match our U.S. bikes. Also the exhaust plug is M18x1.5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/o2-Oxygen-L...8AAOSw1x1UQDaD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M18-x-1-5...IAAOSw1NFaDEhK
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 02-17-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks very much for the info and the links, and congratulations on getting the bike just the way you like it. That's always such a great feeling. I'm interested in the O2 eliminators, but more as a curiosity. I don't really feel like I need them. As long as I let the bike warm up to operating temp, I don't experience the low speed stumble I've heard others describe. And as far as low speed throttle response, it's smoother than my 14 Valk was. (Apparently, the fuel rails and delivery are a bit different on the B). Often, if I want it even smoother or more relaxed riding, I'll just skip a gear. But maybe if I rode with the eliminators I could tell the difference.

Were they a pain to install?

Jason

I would only suggest them if you have the Torq Loopz since the mixture will be enriched at low rpms and part throttle since there are no o2 sensors leaning out the mixture for epa. Simple if you are handy and can do your own maintenance. The plugs connect to each harness in the rubber boot on each side of the bike. Just follow the o2 sensor wires upward. Basically, the bike runs off the stock Honda tune map without the o2 sensors sending signal to lean out the bike at light and low rpms. Mixture ratio at light loads / low rpms / cruising is same as open loop ratio which is ~ 13.0 instead of 14.7.

Youtube and forum feedback has been as been great in learning how to do maintenance and modifications on the bike. Not only saved a bunch of $$$ in labor but doing the work myself is very rewarding.
    Last edited by Joflewbyu2; 02-17-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    The Alley Kat all stainless mufflers that I found new old stock from 2008 are amazing. By far the best set out of the ones I had before - Cobra Six-2-Six and TBR Comp S.
    Any chance of a good quality audio clip or video (w/audio)?

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    The slight low speed stumble and low rpm hesitation is gone while low rpm throttle response is improved. No more jerky throttle response at low rpm anymore. I got the below items. Because I decided to do this I figured might as well do the Torq Loopz too as well as mufflers. All I know is now after doing all that plus a factor air filter the bike runs fantastic.

Do do not get the ones that say for GL1800 as their market is different and the eliminators won’t match our U.S. bikes. Also the exhaust plug is M18x1.5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/o2-Oxygen-L...8AAOSw1x1UQDaD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M18-x-1-5...IAAOSw1NFaDEhK
    Wow you just saved me time and money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://hondaf6b.com/image.php?u=3965&type=sigpic&dateline=1471132754