Clearview Recurve Windshield - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Clearview Recurve Windshield

Pic of FoxyB with Medium Smoke Tint Clearview

Thought I would add a pic of my black beauty with the new windshield...image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fun View Post
    I purchased the medium in smoke tint and installed it over the weekend. What a relief! No more buffeting to the face. GA summers are hot, so I did spring for the adjustable vent. I love this shield! I believe it's the 3rd Clearview for me over the years.

It also provides you the wind deflection of a taller shield but still maintains the sporty F6B look.

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Idk but when mine gets here and its made out of peanut butter I'll let ya know

Is there big difference between the two?
    Polycarbonate is significantly stronger and does not shatter into pieces upon impact. I use to not know the difference either until I started doing some research and now I will only buy Polycarbonate/Lexan shields.

This video sums it up well.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Polycarbonate is significantly stronger and does not shatter into pieces upon impact. I use to not know the difference either until I started doing some research and now I will only buy Polycarbonate/Lexan shields.

This video sums it up well.

Had Dennis Hopper only known...

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Not arguing with your statement above but this choice may not be as clear as you think. While it is true that polycarbonate is shatter-resistant (even used in bullet-proof windows), it is soft and without a good scratch-resistant coating, will scratch very easily. If purchasing a polycarbonate shield, it would be smart to find out what coating, if any, has been applied. That may be the reason behind the use of harder plastic polymers like acrylic. Like many choices we have these days, there will almost always be a compromise involved.
    Ken (Hornblower)

^^^^^^ +1 I'm thinking I would want a shield to break if my fat was trying to fly thru it.......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    ^^^^^^ +1 I'm thinking I would want a shield to break if my fat was trying to fly thru it.......
    No worries, Steve! With your brawn, you'll bust through any shield
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Not arguing with your statement above but this choice may not be as clear as you think. While it is true that polycarbonate is shatter-resistant (even used in bullet-proof windows), it is soft and without a good scratch-resistant coating, will scratch very easily. If purchasing a polycarbonate shield, it would be smart to find out what coating, if any, has been applied. That may be the reason behind the use of harder plastic polymers like acrylic. Like many choices we have these days, there will almost always be a compromise involved.
    It's all about personal preferences. I don't want a shield to break into sharp pieces during an accident so am willing to spend a little extra money for the stronger material. F4 Customs for instance uses Polycarbonate and puts a special coating on the shield to make it scratch resistant. National Cycle, Honda OEM and Klock Werks also uses Polycarbonate instead of Acrylic. I was just wondering what material Clearview uses if anyone knows?

Took her out at highway speeds today. She seems to do well and fit the height of between baggershield low setting and upper section in. The vent felt great in the south Florida heat.
    I also love the dark look!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Success!

Dark shields give bikes more of a custom look IMO.