Clearview Recurve Windshield - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Clearview Recurve Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    With George , Bobby , its mind over matter. His mind is like a steel trap. And the trap has been sprung.

I didn't even get any cheese either!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I just put mine on last week. Rode about 150 miles Saturday. Its OK. Its 1/2 inch short of the advertised size. I was a little disappointed at that. And yes I measured it properly. I'll probably run it this season. Thinking about a Klockwerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmorstad View Post
    I am also 6'1" and sit tall. After I did the prescribed measurements I also ordered and had installed the tall Clearview recurve. I agree it does look very good but it is too short for good protection. I came from a ST1300 and the windshield on the ST gave me a much quieter ride. I also ordered the Sport model and get buffeting on my arms which is again a disappointment. As soon as it was installed I voiced my reservations about the height to my dealer. They in turn called Clearview and were told that Clearview doesn't make a taller shield. After reading these blogs and seeing the video I am at least hoping it is a strong acrylic and can't be shattered like the sample shown. I was not aware that the Honda OEM is polycarbonate. Feeling pretty disappointed right now and am aware that Clearview does not have an easy return policy. If I could do it over again, I would spend the money for an 18" F4 Custom like a friend advised me to do in the first place.
    IMO the Clearview is a blend of performance and aesthetics... with maybe a higher weighting towards aesthetics. Sorry to hear about you guys' disappointments; maybe the "tour-width" and "recurve" options woulda made it a different experience? This is what I have on the "tall" shield and it does ok for me.