2016 F6B trim piece missing.Why??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 F6B trim piece missing.Why??

2016 F6B trim piece missing.Why??

Was out in the garage today, my son purchased a new 2016 F6B couple months ago. It sitting next to my 2013 and I notice something different. On my 13 and all other 1800's I have owned there is a plastic trim piece on frame above side cover that covers the large weld. My sons 2016 does not have it. Looked on the internet all pics I saw of the 16 models no trim piece. Anyone know why??

83613 mca s40zb
    83713 mca s40zb

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Was out in the garage today, my son purchased a new 2016 F6B couple months ago. It sitting next to my 2013 and I notice something different. On my 13 and all other 1800's I have owned there is a plastic trim piece on frame above side cover that covers the large weld. My sons 2016 does not have it. Looked on the internet all pics I saw of the 16 models no trim piece. Anyone know why??
    IMO It's all about the...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Somewhere in the archives on this board it was posted that Honda cut out the piece in an effort to reduce production costs and weight???...Sounds like some bean-counters BS to me....BIGLRY is 100% correct, it is all about the money baby!!!...Regards

If it was indeed left off of all 2016 and later model years it's hard to believe it's about money but who knows. It probably cost Honda more in project meeting attendees required to dream up the savings than the cost of labor and materials to keep it there.

Maybe Honda wants (or is mandated to keep) the area visible to monitor for cracks in the weld?
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

It's not functionaly necessary

Friend with a '13 had one fall off, just barely taped in place. The welds look nice under so he just left it off.

None on my 2015 Deluxe. However, I like it better with the weld showing. I welded for a living, and I like to see good welds on structural places. Some businesses grind the welds smooth- that only removes metal, and that weakens the joint. The welds on my F6, are quality looking welds, even if they were done by robotic welders.

I think the welds look nice.
    ITS ALL GOOD

My 2014 Deluxe had none from the factory.
    Never thought twice about it and never had a worry about losing 'em.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

ok I give I put mine back on two sided tape lol