Closing in on 6 years...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closing in on 6 years...

Closing in on 6 years...

Can you believe the F6B emerged 6 years ago?

For you early adopters that still own and ride their B what do you reflect on 6 years later? Lessons learned, second thoughts?
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Best bike ever! No regrets.
    2014 Deluxe
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Only wish they came with the adjustable windshield.
    Electric or manual.
    Other than that.....best bike I have owned.

I bought my 2013 F6B Deluxe in October of 2013. Coming from a 98 Valk I’ve never missed the cruise control. Would have been nice, but not missed. June of 2016 I totaled it. Replaced with a used 2014 in yellow��. I have yet to discover any bike that fits me any better. The 2018+ Wings is to tall. With toes pointed straight down I only slightly touch one boot tip at a time on the 2018.

No regrets except I wish I put the HeliBars on sooner.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I also bought mine in October of 2013 and by the time I had it custom painted and other options installed that took until November, I only put about 400 miles on the bike that year..Now after 5 riding seasons here in Michigan, it is one of the best bikes, if not the best, I have owned and I have had a lot over the last 50 years. I would not trade it right now for any other bike currently available.. My 99 Valkyrie Tour was also a great bike , but this one is special and I have no regrets with the purchase several years ago.....Regards and ride safe..

I had a new 2016 Indian Chief, I stopped in the local central Fl. Honda dealer to buy a throttle rocker. While there, I was looking at a '16 B, the young salesman ask if I wanted to take it for a test ride, "hell yes" I said. After a 12-15 mile ride, I was hooked. Couldn't make a deal on a new one (didn't care for the matte finish anyway), found a '13 w/ only 12k it, several nice hi end up grades. Made a deal & haven't looked back. Sold the Indian (w/ 600 miles) on ebay, to a guy in Ca. (only lost $1K)== I've owned well over a dozen bikes and this is without a doubt, the best bike I've ever owned. It's just feels right, plenty of power, handles like a big sport bike. I'll keep riding it until I can't.

I saw the F6B at a dealer and the lines reminded me of the old Honda Dream for some reason. I thought Honda could have named it the "Dream" and gotten away with it. When I rode one for the first time however, I reconsidered the name and thought it could have easily fit the ST category. GoldWing ST1800 has a nice ring to it! F6B not so much, but it's what we have.

In a way, I'm glad it never clicked with the masses and the owners circle is small. Yet the GL 1800 platform is so pervasive that it gives us access to most of the GL1800 parts pool and wide Honda network. It was the GL 1800 platform reputation of reliability (why many people didn't, appreciate this is beyond me) that sold me as much as the styling.

My thoughts now: We are a lucky few to own and ride the best bike ever that never sold, and never gets old.

Last edited by unsub; 03-06-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    Only wish they came with the adjustable windshield.
    Electric or manual.
    Other than that.....best bike I have owned.
    Look into this, I had one On mine and its fully adjustable, fits at the tho and diverts air anywhere go want it.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-...ield-extension
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Traded my 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom, with 4000 miles on it for a 2013 F6B on July 6, 2013 at Rick Case Honda. First time I ever cracked a throttle on a Goldwing which led to my first "Holyshit" moment on a bike. BEST Bike I ever owned and will own again
    Equitare solum equitare amplius