Closing in on 6 years... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Closing in on 6 years...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had a new 2016 Indian Chief, I stopped in the local central Fl. Honda dealer to buy a throttle rocker. While there, I was looking at a '16 B, the young salesman ask if I wanted to take it for a test ride, "hell yes" I said. After a 12-15 mile ride, I was hooked. Couldn't make a deal on a new one (didn't care for the matte finish anyway), found a '13 w/ only 12k it, several nice hi end up grades. Made a deal & haven't looked back. Sold the Indian (w/ 600 miles) on ebay, to a guy in Ca. (only lost $1K)== I've owned well over a dozen bikes and this is without a doubt, the best bike I've ever owned. It's just feels right, plenty of power, handles like a big sport bike. I'll keep riding it until I can't.

I saw the F6B at a dealer and the lines reminded me of the old Honda Dream for some reason. I thought Honda could have named it the "Dream" and gotten away with it. When I rode one for the first time however, I reconsidered the name and thought it could have easily fit the ST category. GoldWing ST1800 has a nice ring to it! F6B not so much, but it's what we have.

In a way, I'm glad it never clicked with the masses and the owners circle is small. Yet the GL 1800 platform is so pervasive that it gives us access to most of the GL1800 parts pool and wide Honda network. It was the GL 1800 platform reputation of reliability (why many people didn't, appreciate this is beyond me) that sold me as much as the styling.

My thoughts now: We are a lucky few to own and ride the best bike ever that never sold, and never gets old.

Last edited by unsub; 03-06-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Traded my 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom, with 4000 miles on it for a 2013 F6B on July 6, 2013 at Rick Case Honda. First time I ever cracked a throttle on a Goldwing which led to my first "Holyshit" moment on a bike. BEST Bike I ever owned and will own again
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Same here. Owned about 9 different Harleys over the years. Always said to myself is Honda would make a Goldwing bagger then I would most likely trade. Rode my HD Road Glide to the Honda dealer and as the sales guys were drooling at my HD I went on a F6B test drive.
    Came back over an hour later! Sales Manager thought I stole the bike. I just couldn't believe the difference. I was hooked.
    Just got back from running errands since 8am with 47 degree cool Florida morning wind. I find myself just smiling in the breeze.
    I never get tired of people asking what kind of bike is that.

This is the best bike I’ve ever owned. I’m glad I didn’t by the HD in the end. No regrets here. 2016 Deluxe.

my 2015 that I loved
    IMG_2265.jpg
    my new to me 2016
    E301B0D6-E89C-45FB-8F9A-052D0D28CEDD-999-00000137FFF781F2.jpg
    Wouldn't change for anything
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    my 2015 that I loved
    IMG_2265.jpg
    my new to me 2016
    E301B0D6-E89C-45FB-8F9A-052D0D28CEDD-999-00000137FFF781F2.jpg
    Wouldn't change for anything
    Nice Wayne...you got the maadstaad and the cruise. Sweet ride!

Geezuz Duke, that first picture brings a tear. Glad to see you were able to get another and ride!

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Nice Wayne...you got the maadstaad and the cruise. Sweet ride!
    Thanks Jim. More options than I had before. Couldn't pass it up. Now I have to retool. I lost everything I had inside, including my prescription shades, air compressor I never used, tool kit...stuff like that. It'll come in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryster View Post
    Geezuz Duke, that first picture brings a tear. Glad to see you were able to get another and ride!
    Thanks. Surprised I survived it to be honest. That was a rear end hit on the highway as traffic slowed. I was doing 50-55, he was doing 75. I was back to work in a back brace in two weeks.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

4.5 years.
    Went over 93k while at Bike Week.
    Still purring along.....