Gorilla Alarms?

Thread: Gorilla Alarms?

Gorilla Alarms?

Thinking about the Gorilla 9100 MC Alarm. Anyone have one installed? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Not many F6B's stolen, not many 840# bikes stolen. I know nothing about alarms, you might need one
    I've got a V-Strom & leave the keys in it. It's so ugly nobody will steal it, BUT it sure id a fun ride.

Plenty of big bikes are stolen. Mostly H. D. If someone wants it, an alarm won't stop them. I saw a video of 4 good sized men, steal a full dressed HD. They put pipes thru the wheels, then picked the bike up, walked it on a flat bed trailer, hopped in a van, and were gone in less than 20 seconds. An alarm will give you a warning of trouble, but won't necessarily stop it.
    Last edited by jm21ddd15; 03-12-2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling

I have a Gorilla 8017 alarm on my bike, with a pager. I realize that it will not necessarily stop a theft, but does give me piece of mind. That is, if the pager has not triggered, I have nothing to be concerned about and can be pretty sure that the bike will be there when I get back.

I have added a TPMS, too. It does nothing to ensure that I will not get a flat. It does provide me with piece of mind that while riding along at 70+ mph, my tires are fully inflated. Same idea to me. It's more about piece of mind than prevention.

Also, I added a cheap proximity sensor to my alarm. So if some dumba$$ tries to climb onto my bike, the alarm goes off. That is just for fun!
    Last edited by 98valk; 03-12-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Albuquerque, NM

I started this thread back in March and now I wish I had installed some kind of alarm. I live in Ohio and took a ride to Albuquerque New Mexico. I stayed 3 nights at a nice independent hotel and on the third night I had a travel bag removed from my bike and stolen. If you look at my avatar picture it was fastened with 10 zip ties to the rack on the trunk. All that was in it was my rain gear and clean rags. It happened in the middle of the night. Now had I had an alarm it may have gone off and scared away the thief or better yet it may had woken me. I have been to Albuquerque twice before and the last time was 3 years ago. Talk about a city that has gone down hill. My concern never was that my bike would be stolen more so that it would be fiddled with.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I have a Gorilla 8017 alarm on my bike, with a pager. I realize that it will not necessarily stop a theft, but does give me piece of mind. That is, if the pager has not triggered, I have nothing to be concerned about and can be pretty sure that the bike will be there when I get back.

I have added a TPMS, too. It does nothing to ensure that I will not get a flat. It does provide me with piece of mind that while riding along at 70+ mph, my tires are fully inflated. Same idea to me. It's more about piece of mind than prevention.

Also, I added a cheap proximity sensor to my alarm. So if some dumba$$ tries to climb onto my bike, the alarm goes off. That is just for fun!
    I haven’t seen a “pager” since the 90’s!!! I just leave a foul-mouth parrot sitting on my handlebars.

Have you looked at the Scorpio alarms ?

I have use the Scorpio's on both our bikes for several years now.. The proximity alarm chases away the people who just want to "sit on it for a minute" ....

I also get a discount with the insurance for having a "Tracking" device on the bikes.

Good product and easy to install.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd