Broken tabs continued

Thread: Broken tabs continued

Broken tabs continued

Made repairs to my broken fender that the tabs were broken. Now they are broke again and much worse this time and some parts are even lost. Because my repairs were stronger than the stock tabs I now also have multiple cracks in the fender, even one of the side covers has a crack. The Fenda Extenda I feel is the culprit as it has tire rub marks on the inside. A tire going around with a rock or something in the tread would certainly hit the edge. I have ordered a new rear half of the front fender in my matt silver and new bolts and clips. It will be installed without the fender extender this time. Mabey a rubber mud flap if I feel I have to have something back there. Holding everything together with Gorilla black tape for now, should just leave it like that but it is ugly.

Looks like some kind of guard attached to the front of the engine would work better.
    ITS ALL GOOD

I ain't heard one good report on those fender extenders. Good, maybe, for Mother Honda, so she can sell more repair parts. The rear plastic part of the fender, is very weak to start with, why add more stress on the part?

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I ain't heard one good report on those fender extenders. Good, maybe, for Mother Honda, so she can sell more repair parts. The rear plastic part of the fender, is very weak to start with, why add more stress on the part?
    Ditto on the fender extenders....Not a good investment from what I have read and heard....Not necessary at all in my opinion and just more aftermarket stuff to get your money.....Regards

I believe over tightened bolts are the culprit. First time I removed back of fender, they were a bitch to break loose and two of the four tabs had cracks.

I have also heard of the extension causing the problem. I put a fork brace on mine which is suppose to help keep that from happening. The brace keeps the forks from twisting which puts strain on the fender.

I've put them on other bikes with 3M 5200 marine sealant. Always works for me.
    Not putting one on my B, don't see the need.