New Low Beam x 2

Thread: New Low Beam x 2

New Low Beam x 2

So i puts me in a couple of LED's The other day
    The only problem is I have big hands so I takes off the dash then the 4 bolts off the instrument panel and Bingo alls good
    So i takes the bike for a ride at night and the right hand side goes out
    Hello I says somethings wrong?
    So homes I go and takes everything off and has a look and one headlight connection has come off (H4) and the other ones nearly their
    So I says thats not good and it may happen again
    So I cuts of both left and right (H4 Connections) and crimps on a few female blade connectors and push em straight to the globe
    And they will never come off
    First the Black paint is just rubbish
    Then the fender extender trashes me front guard
    Then the seat bolts get new helicoils and now this?
    Yeah its the best bike I've ever had but the ???????????????????
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

You might have mounted the wires without enough slack so when you make a turn they pull apart. I don’t think cutting of the connector was ideal nor the culprit to the problem. I have had no issues with the Pathfinders I got. Did the high beams and the low beams with just removing side pockets. Which LED lights did you get? Don’t understand when you say you put them to the globe.

I am am not sure why you blame the bike. The fender extender is known for issues plus I never seen another bike come out of the factory from any manufacturer with a fender that follows that wrap around and catching air from the front with no where to go forcing a break.

Never had any problems with the seat bolts. I didn’t like the hex head so I replaced them with matching shaft length socket head bolts and washers . Put grease on the threads to prevent any issues. Ace Hardware had them. Just bring in your bolts to match up thread and length.

Well their was heaps of slack in the wires and when joined a slight shake and they fell apart
    The spade connectors are a perfect fix
    The seat bolts were Allen heads and after two removes 2 threads went and they weren't done up tight
    As to the fender extender how can something light bolted on the bottom that has zero movement destroy a fender?
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

Wind / air catches the extended fender and that force can cause issues.