F6B 100,000 Mile Club
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B 100,000 Mile Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

F6B 100,000 Mile Club

F6B Riders!
    If you have attained 100,000 miles on your F6B odometer, please state your name and post a pic of the odo and any other pertinent data like when & where you went over 100k!
    Cheers,
    Steve

1. "Drive Jehu" riding "F6BX" at 120,500 miles!
    Last edited by 53driver; 03-19-2019 at 07:29 PM. Reason: The List

Nice idea Steve, thanks. How many miles do you have on Isleen now? I got 93k...getting there - Steve

Hello to all from Macon Georgia! 120,560 smiles and counting on my 2013 F6B. I bought new in April of 2014 and thought I might keep her a couple of years and trade for new. I still can't find anything wrong with this marvelous machine and I enjoy the ride more today than when she was new. She is still a head turner!

The bike has not been on trailer since shipped to the dealership new. Together we have had an absolute blast riding the lower 48, Alaska, all of the lower Canadian Provinces and the Yukon. All in comfort, style and without a worry about anything mechanical. She has never left me stranded and it seems strange to state that. You already knew it - it's a Honda! Chances are you've never seen a GL 1800, or any Wing for that matter, on the side of the road broken down.

I'll circle back with an odometer photo soon. Our 5 year Anniversary is coming up next month!

Happy riding to you all!
    Last edited by 53driver; 03-18-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Isleen - my "motorized mistress"

@ Drive Jehu 120, 560...

Last edited by unsub; 03-19-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Ha! Thanks unsub but I'm just a fortunate guy who had plenty of opportunities to get in the wind. Georgia is a great State to ride in year round.
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

Steve, At 93K is there any sign of mechanical fatigue? Slight loss of power? Shifting getting hard? Valve adjustments more frequent?

BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Steve, At 93K is there any sign of mechanical fatigue? Slight loss of power? Shifting getting hard? Valve adjustments more frequent?
    Oh that's funny!
    Isleen still has yet to get a valve adjusted - been checked/measured a few times - no adjustment necessary.
    No loss of power that I'm aware of. I test rode several bikes at Daytona and Isleen could still take any of them.
    Shifting is fine.

How's the F6BX? She doing well?
    Last edited by 53driver; 03-19-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Yea, I was being funny. Same here the X is better than new. No valve adjustments. Runs and rides out better than new. Awesome machines!

BT45R 130/70-18

This past Friday the 19th was my 5 year anniversary with the F6BX.

I could not for the life of me think of what to get her. What DO you get for the girl who has it all? A tank of premium? Maybe a bath and wax? 303 oil treatment for the plastic? Nah. We rode 150 miles through a storm hauling a chain saw to the Lake. It rained. Looking in my rear view mirror at times it looked just like the wake of a boat. I only saw 2 other bikes out. Both Harley riders in an F150 trailering their scoots.

So it was a fitting end to a very sweet 5 years together. Another hard ride and put up wet with 122,348 smiles on her. No worst for the wear, we had sunshine and smiles all the way home today. Wishing the same for you all - happy riding!

BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Oh that's funny!
    Isleen still has yet to get a valve adjusted - been checked/measured a few times - no adjustment necessary.
    No loss of power that I'm aware of. I test rode several bikes at Daytona and Isleen could still take any of them.
    Shifting is fine.

How's the F6BX? She doing well?
    With a little maintenance I'm not sure you can wear one of these out.....