Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
Thanks for that, exactly what I was hoping for... Some interesting stuff there. As an aside, I don't yet have 50K miles, but have changed both low beams 3 times each. Since the new alternator, how are bulbs lasting?
Looking back in my records I gave up on the stock headlights (before the alternator was replaced) on 9/25/15 at 36,090 miles and went to LED. One of those LED dims is still in service. The other dim was changed 8/26/18 at 108,000 miles and is a slightly different color. That one lasted 10 miles and failed, it's replacement is still in service. The brights were changed to LED 1/23/17 @ 108,000 miles and both are still in service.

Back to the alternator, I remember the Dealer asking if the aftermarket headlights had a "driver" and if so they would not warrant the alternator. I think they wanted to know if I had halogen headlights.

All other bulbs are stock and while I haven't recorded when they fail they seem to last a reasonable amount of time. Maybe I've changed the tail lights two or three times and the blinkers once or twice at the most. Some of my radio bulbs need changing now. Dash lights are original and working.