F6B 100,000 Mile Club

Thread: F6B 100,000 Mile Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No complaints here

Next week marks 7 years of ownership of the F6BX. Still riding hard and putting her up wet, although I don’t bump off the rev (rush) limiter like I used to. I’ve now mastered the art of shifting a microsecond before it spoils the fun. 150,515 smiles to date and no regrets riding any of those miles and very thankful to still be upright and in one piece. That’s NOT a lot of miles on this GL 1800 platform BTW. I’ve seen zero decrease in performance, that I can feel. Still delivers the same mpg, and I still keep every gas receipt and check mileage. My mpg depends on my right wrist. 40mpg is still easy to get, same as always. Tear across South Dakota and it can drop to low 30s. I might do Fulley soon, the app that tracks mpg.

Best of all the bike has never left me stranded. Not once, and it’s carried me through a heap of mess. I’m still going off road when the notion hits me. Which it did a few weeks ago when I was out of State. Almost a bad decision. I’ll see if I have the pics of the ruts I left leaving a woods road, it was wet and a lot softer than it looked. I’ve never been afraid of anything when riding and at times I’m almost terrified on reflection.

Almost every motorcycle I’ve stoped to try to help on the side of the road have been Harleys. They do make a good looking bike. There was one Gold Wing I stoped for in 2019 on the Alaska HY. It was a mid 1980s with a bad stator. He said he couldn’t find a Honda stator and had to put a Chinese unit in, well, there you have it.

Happy riding to you all. For you new owners of this marvelous machine, congratulations! You bought a winner. And no matter your miles, relax. Follow the Honda recommendations and enjoy the ride.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18