F6B 100,000 Mile Club - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F6B 100,000 Mile Club

Congratulations on the century mark to all of you who reached that magic milestone. I hope to be there in awhile.

Az Wingrider

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    Can’t wait to hear about it! I rolled 133k yesterday just before arriving in Deadhorse.
    I just got back to Coldfoot Camp. I’m only about 6,000 miles into this trip. I’ll not top your 18K adventure!!
    Congratulations!!! You rode ur f6b to purdhoe bay? Dang that’s crazy. I’ve been planning a trip to purdhoe bay but was thinking of buying lighter bike like 600cc. I currently ride 2016 Street glide and feel like I won’t be able to handle it well on those roads.

Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
    Congratulations!!! You rode ur f6b to purdhoe bay? Dang that’s crazy. I’ve been planning a trip to purdhoe bay but was thinking of buying lighter bike like 600cc. I currently ride 2016 Street glide and feel like I won’t be able to handle it well on those roads.
    This Jehu's second trip to Prudhoe bay. If you do a search under his name you will find posts and great pictures from his last trip a couple of years ago. Drive Jehu is a hero to a bunch of us on the forum.

Awesome to hear that another 6 rolls over 100,000! Congratulations to you and I wish you many more miles of safe happy riding!!
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

Bridgestone Potenza RFT 195/55-R16
    BT45R 130/70-18

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    This Jehu's second trip to Prudhoe bay. If you do a search under his name you will find posts and great pictures from his last trip a couple of years ago. Drive Jehu is a hero to a bunch of us on the forum.
    Wow guys, you're making me blush! I did get back safely from my summer trip! I'll attempt a few pictures from my iPad soon. Cheers!
    II Kings 9:20...and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously. A.K.J.V.

BT45R 130/70-18

100,000 Miles

It happened last week on the eastbound I10.
    I was somewhere in New Mexico, on my way to Texas to visit my daughter.
    23Aug2019.jpg
    Last edited by yabiah; 08-31-2019 at 09:31 AM.

I think everybody that turns 100K should provide a list of all maintenance done to date. Did anything actually break, or wear out? Did anybody require a valve adjustment? Anything other than normal consumables (tires, oil, brakes). Inquiring minds want to know what lies ahead....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    I think everybody that turns 100K should provide a list of all maintenance done to date. Did anything actually break, or wear out? Did anybody require a valve adjustment? Anything other than normal consumables (tires, oil, brakes). Inquiring minds want to know what lies ahead....

DarkKnt,

Good question. My scoot is a 2013 and I bought it in April of 2014. With 140,467 on the clock here's the Repair List:
    1). Alternator 8/24/16 @ 56,152 miles. It never quit, I was just blowing headlights what I thought was too often. Warranty
    2). Fork seals 4/19/17 @ 67,514. One leaked which warranty paid for and I paid for the other. $412 and also included new fluid for both.
    3). Steering Stem bearing 8/10/17 @ 83,489 All balls aftermarket installed $653 right after my first trip to Alaska. I was presented with the old steering stem race by my dealer. It was cracked and I now ride slower in Alaska.
    4). 8/10/17 @ 83,489. Rear drive seal had a very light drip that started in Alaska. I never had to add oil. Warranty
    5). Generator pulse 11/9/17 @ 92,101. An electrical part that caused the bike to cut off sometimes only while at idle. It would start right back up and run fine. Warranty
    6). Front wheel bearings 2/17/18 @ 95,456 miles. The only way I knew they needed changing was my gas mileage dropped. I will change them every 75,000 miles from here out. I posted pictures on this forum of the old bearings and they were junked. So if you just joined the 100k club, my advice is to change your front wheel bearings. The bearings were $50? My son put them in.
    7). Saddle bag plastic surrounding one hinge broke. 6/7/18 @ 102,980 miles. Warranty. Thanks Honda!
    8). I know the right hand kill switch was replaced under warranty at some point. These need to be used on a regular basis.
    9). Around 120,000 miles I replaced the clutch lever due to the wear it had. It had a little up and down motion and it bothered me. So I got an eBay unit that was like new for less than $75.

Note that my scoot has seen what most would consider severe service. Consistently rode hard and put up wet. At least 3 months of cumulative camping and it's likely over 4. In addition to the travel she had to live outside for a year. We have seen the lower 48, Alaska twice and every rideable Canadian Province except Labrador and Newfoundland. The F6BX has never failed to start or left me stranded. Within the last month my local Honda Service Manager has listened for valve noise and advised that I don't need a valve adjustment. It's never had one and never has been been checked any other way.
    I have every gas receipt save 2. That's how I keep a check on the health of the bike. It's also a way to see where I've been. I know what the gas mileage should be based on what kind of riding I did that tank. I have not seen a decrease in performance yet. When I say this bike runs like new that's exactly how she runs. I will say the tone of the mufflers have deepened a tad. I'm very pleased with this marvelous machine!

I hope this helps and happy riding to you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drive Jehu; 09-20-2019 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Posting wheel bearing photo

BT45R 130/70-18

Thanks for that, exactly what I was hoping for... Some interesting stuff there. As an aside, I don't yet have 50K miles, but have changed both low beams 3 times each. Since the new alternator, how are bulbs lasting?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Thanks for that, exactly what I was hoping for... Some interesting stuff there. As an aside, I don't yet have 50K miles, but have changed both low beams 3 times each. Since the new alternator, how are bulbs lasting?
    Looking back in my records I gave up on the stock headlights (before the alternator was replaced) on 9/25/15 at 36,090 miles and went to LED. One of those LED dims is still in service. The other dim was changed 8/26/18 at 108,000 miles and is a slightly different color. That one lasted 10 miles and failed, it's replacement is still in service. The brights were changed to LED 1/23/17 @ 108,000 miles and both are still in service.

Back to the alternator, I remember the Dealer asking if the aftermarket headlights had a "driver" and if so they would not warrant the alternator. I think they wanted to know if I had halogen headlights.

All other bulbs are stock and while I haven't recorded when they fail they seem to last a reasonable amount of time. Maybe I've changed the tail lights two or three times and the blinkers once or twice at the most. Some of my radio bulbs need changing now. Dash lights are original and working.

BT45R 130/70-18