Bluetooth Simple Cheap - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Simple Cheap

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post

The headphone jack disappeared from iPhones in 2016, with the rollout of the iPhone 7.
    Sorry I forgot I was talking to America where they still use Apple
    I suppose some people still use Iphone???????
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Are these helmet speakers or earbuds?
    In many states, employing any earbuds or employing more than one earbud is illegal.
    Be careful out there!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Definitely illegal to have ear buds in both ears...at least in Ohio it is
    Ditto for Florida - although one IS legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryDavid View Post
    Sorry I forgot I was talking to America where they still use Apple
    I suppose some people still use Iphone???????
    You guys... I was referring to the comment that asked how headphones were used with phones that didn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The options, if you're using one of those archaic iPhones, (last time I checked, Apple is still making lots of money globally, but I'm just a dumb American, so check my math), is buying the Lightning to 3.5mm dongle for $9, or Bluetooth from the phone, (which is why Apple ditched the headphone jack). I use the latter, to my Sena system. Sorry my picture of earbuds threw so many of you in the ditch. Super sorry that the earbuds were Bose, another of those American companies...

... or good quality helmet speakers such as iASUS https://www.amazon.com/iASUS-XSound-...26223869&psc=1

I plug a bluetooth receiver ($8.00) into the saddlebag USB. I put my Iphone in the left front cubbyhole with Pandora playing on the phone thru bluetooth. Using the AUX setting on the radio I can use the handlebar volume and skip switches on the handlebars.
    Here is the USB Bluetooth Receiver that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SATN9J2/ref=dp_prsubs_1

They get their power from the USB plug in the saddlebag.
    I can also charge the phone in the front cubby while still using bluetooth for tunes.

Has been working for years now.

That sounds a good system
    I have my Bluetooth receiver hoked up to the 3.5 in my pocket and its also hooked up through the USB to charge through the charger that's in the pocket wall
    My phone is on cradle on my dash which is also plugged into a USB charger
    All my Phones music can be controlled through my handlebar volume and channel/song levers
    I was born with nothing and shore got a heap of it left

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You guys... I was referring to the comment that asked how headphones were used with phones that didn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The options, if you're using one of those archaic iPhones, (last time I checked, Apple is still making lots of money globally, but I'm just a dumb American, so check my math), is buying the Lightning to 3.5mm dongle for $9, or Bluetooth from the phone, (which is why Apple ditched the headphone jack). I use the latter, to my Sena system. Sorry my picture of earbuds threw so many of you in the ditch. Super sorry that the earbuds were Bose, another of those American companies...
    Yes, the Apple solution is definitely geared towards wireless. My android phone & Sena 10H (oldie but goodie) communicate just fine to the Sena's helmet speakers.
    I don't use it for music though. Music is still my 320GB iPod in the bag... I wish the Sena speakers were made by Bose - I have a lot of their gear still including some 901s that I still find amazing.
    It's all good.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Yes, the Apple solution is definitely geared towards wireless. My android phone & Sena 10H (oldie but goodie) communicate just fine to the Sena's helmet speakers.
    I don't use it for music though. Music is still my 320GB iPod in the bag... I wish the Sena speakers were made by Bose - I have a lot of their gear still including some 901s that I still find amazing.
    It's all good.
    I have a set of 301s and a set of 601s I bought in the mid 80s. The 601s could probably use a little cone repair, but great speakers.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    So is speeding illegal in all states!!! What's the point, I am sure your all guilty

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    I plug a bluetooth receiver ($8.00) into the saddlebag USB. I put my Iphone in the left front cubbyhole with Pandora playing on the phone thru bluetooth. Using the AUX setting on the radio I can use the handlebar volume and skip switches on the handlebars.
    Here is the USB Bluetooth Receiver that I use.

They get their power from the USB plug in the saddlebag.
    I can also charge the phone in the front cubby while still using bluetooth for tunes.

Has been working for years now.
    Soooo...I can plug this into my saddlebag USB ... where it gets power ... and sync it to my phone ... and keep my phone in my Ram Mount playing tunes ... and be able to use handlebar volume and track controls ?

This is not a highly rated item on Amazon. Many reviews mention connectivity issues and delays in changing songs after advancing a track. Has this been your experience?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6