Laconia 2019

Thread: Laconia 2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you both for the suggestions. I think we will save americade for another trip. We will still probably head up that way however I don’t think it would make sense to rush up there for the last day and a half or so of the event.

I purchased a butler motorcycle map of the area and have yet to look through it.

I also am working on a deal for a bunkhouse trailer. Hopefully we will be able to camp our way out and back.

Thanks again.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

I was looking at the Butler Maps on Amazon. I would be interested in your opinion as to how helpful they actually are. (I still have my old Thomas Guide I used to use when I first started riding in 1986...)

I bought the “southern Appalachia” map a couple years back and thought it was useful enough to buy another for this region before our trip. I am someone who still loves to sit behind a paper map though, and I feel like most people now prefer to punch an address in a GPS. The maps are very well done. For $14 or so, to me, it is worth it.

Additionally, I write state tourism and/or transportation departments for places I plan to visit, as well as states along the way. Most of them are happy to mail you a free state road map if you request.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams