Windshield help
Value Accessories 2014
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windshield help

Windshield help

Hey everyone, Im looking to get a adjustable windshield that wont break the bank.
    I have my eye on the oversized 18-29 baggershield. Im 62 and wide so dont know if I could get away with the 17-25. Any feedback on these shields would sure help me out. Thanks

Check out Clearview shields. I’ve got the 24.5 wide and like it. I’m also 6’2 and had my seat raised a bit.

Well, I got an "Angery" Stad for my F6 and think it is great. First season with it I put over 26K miles going cross country and back. I adjusted it many times based on time of day and weather conditions. Very pleased with it...but it will crack the bank!

However, if you plan to ride and keep your bike, it is a good investment. You can order your Stad in several heights and can even custom order a height. I got the dark grey and usually adjust it to look over it the top. It deflects the wind and bugs over the top of my head and cuts down on a lot of the road noise.

------- is nice I ordered a 13 inch and as looking threw the shield sent the 13 back for an 11 inch iam 6 ft you may need 13 inch adjust it for freeways and adjust back for the back roads

check our " Wind Bender" from Fire Creek. My B had one on it when I brought it, tried 4 different ones, went back to the Wind Bender.

Asking for opinions on windshields is almost like asking about tires or the type of oil to use. There are going to be a lot of opinions and a lot of arguments. That said I agree with the Windbender from Fierecreek accessories. I have had one a Goldwing and have one on my F6B. They have a ton of adjustment and create a great air pocket around the rider. They are not the cheapest windshields but they do a great job and I think they look great on the F6B.

Just my two cents, good luck with your choice
    Az Wingrider

Make sure that whatever you get is polycarbonate and not acrylic.

If you are still in need of a windshield I have a klock werks 16" that I will give you for FREE (they cost about 300 new) if you pay the shipping. Just changed out back to the 14" inch. Used the 16" last year for an 11K 6 wk adventure and thought it was just slightly too tall (the tip of the shield was in my eye line and I like to ride with my eyes slightly above the shield. I'm 6'2" with 36" inseam. Let me know.
    "Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own." Bruce Lee

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." - Helen Keller

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne

Make sure you are sitting on your "forever" seat before you lay out $$$ for a windscreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofasttoys View Post
    Hey everyone, I’m looking to get a adjustable windshield that won’t break the bank.
    I have my eye on the oversized 18-29” baggershield. I’m 6’2” and wide so don’t know if I could get away with the 17-25”. Any feedback on these shields would sure help me out. Thanks
    I have the AngryStad too. I'm 6'1" and longer in the upper body than the lower, so probably not much different in windshield height than you. Stock seat. I run the 15" clear outer shield. Full down, it's no buffeting, little air in the face. Full up, it's completely no wind. I locked the tilt and added linear actuators so that I can adjust it electrically while riding. Works pretty darn well for me.