ID in case of crash? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ID in case of crash?

I'm using this thread, fitting or not, sorry... we had a fatality yesterday at 5pm. 25 year old and identity not revealed yet. Season is just getting off the ground here. People don't see us. Be careful out there. This was a solo accident, highway on ramp. Maybe a high performance bike, don't know details.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Was riding Fl last week. Drove down from Ohio to visit a friend in Jacksonville. Hauled the B in a enclosed trailer.
    For those of you who live there, I guess your used to it. And you will tell me how nice it is to ride year around.
    You can have it. I know traffic is bad everywhere, but I'm done with FL.
    Cant see driving all that way just to fight with 70 to 80 mph nut jobs.
    Getting old I guess.
    After the first day I got all my info together in one pocket, and put all my protective gear on.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    How can they get into my phone if it is locked and they don’t know the passcode?
    Great question, and the answer is "they won't". Unless your State/Local LEO's have loads of cash to spare, dumping your phone is magical movie stuff that they simply can't do. I have the equipment, and still need PINs/Passwords unless you mind waiting weeks for a cracker to hack through the password (assuming it's not last on a pile needed for drug/murder cases). Also, I don't know of any on-site EMT that will grab a USB thumb drive off of a victim and plug it into any work computer (that's how virus's are spread, ask the Iranians how they know).

A laminated card somewhere on your person, or attached to your gear (AeroStitch and others make gizmos for this sort of thing) works, as does a simple set of dog tags (working for your DOD since, well, forever).

My 2 cents, YMMV.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

How can they get into my phone if it is locked and they don’t know the passcode?
    On Android phones, on the screen where you enter your PIN, the word "Emergency" is located on the bottom of the screen.
    Tap the word Emergency, a phone pad appears, with the words "Emergency Information" on a bar at the top.
    Press that bar (2x) and your preloaded information appears. No PIN gets compromised.

Dog Tags work...
    Still have my original tags from WAY back in the 70's, and the spare F6B key...

I ware a water proof container around my neck with
    Drivers license, registration and who to contact.

I do a lot of solo riding and I do have a card in my wallet with contact info in case I am dead or unable to communicate. I have been wondering about getting an ID bracelet or something like dog tags in addition to the card in my wallet. This even got me to thinking about when I do ride with someone they usually have MY contact info but not that of my wife and or family. There is a company named Road ID and a few others out there. What do others do? Looking for ideas, suggestions, experiences. Thanks

I wear a Road ID bracelet and pay $10 a year so any emergency personnel can get all my medical history from them...it also has my wife's phone number on it.