ID in case of crash?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID in case of crash?

Question ID in case of crash?

I do a lot of solo riding and I do have a card in my wallet with contact info in case I am dead or unable to communicate. I have been wondering about getting an ID bracelet or something like dog tags in addition to the card in my wallet. This even got me to thinking about when I do ride with someone they usually have MY contact info but not that of my wife and or family. There is a company named Road ID and a few others out there. What do others do? Looking for ideas, suggestions, experiences. Thanks
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Bad news travels fast and they will track down the family thru my cell phone, plate number or information in my wallet.

Out there in the WWW, someone is selling a thumb drive programed for you to store all your medical info on and wear it around your neck, wrist or wherever. Seems like it's marked with some sort of medical logo. The EMT's can plug it in their laptop & know everything about you, then hand to the folks in the ER.

Great idea! I do %97.7354 of my riding alone. It would be great if they don't have to do much research when they find me at the bottom of a canyon or splattered on a cagers bumper.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Honestly, I've been in two crashes which resulted in hospital visits via ambulance. I don't know if the hospital called anyone either time. (I went to the same one both times) I know I made calls on the first one, but my friends went looking for me the second time since I didn't show for the ride. My phone was in the bike and as we all know, no one knows numbers anymore. I suppose if it was a DOA, things would have been different. They'd find out who to call, between phones and ID's. I wouldn't worry too much about extra stuff....my opinion.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

When I ride alone, I have an "eye in the sky" monitoring me on Glympse.
    If my signal is "too long in one place" that sets off a pre-briefed chain of events.

We (people I ride with) all have the person we want called, with their phone number, listed in our Favorites under ICE. This is In Case of Emergency. This was suggested to us by my daughter-in-law who is a nurse. When the hospital or police are looking through your phone to call someone on your behalf it isnt always clear to them who they should call. All they see are a list of names. ICE tells them who you want them to call.

When I was racing my name, contact, and known allergies were painted on the back bottom edge of my helmet

How can they get into my phone if it is locked and they don’t know the passcode?