Texas TC out

Thread: Texas TC out

Texas TC out

I was one of the early participants on this great forum. I bought the first F6B sold from North Dallas Honda in February 2013. VIN ended in 0539. Well, after 6 years and 42015 miles, I sold the best motorcycle I have ever owned (including those 10 Harley-Davidsons and 2 full Wings amongst a host of others along the way in my 55 years of riding). Ya see, I turned 70 recently. I cannot take the heat and cold like in the past. Also, Dallas area traffic has become horrendous and not fun for me. I put 40,000 miles including two 1100+ miles days in the saddle on it in the first four years. The last 2015 miles in the past 2 years.

I hated to sell this motorcycle but felt it would be better to let someone buy it who would enjoy it like I did in my first few years of ownership. It now resides in Southwest Texas and I feel the new owner is going to love it as much as I did.

Good luck to all you F6B riders and forum participants. Stay safe and have fun!

Texas TC......out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happy trails!

Check back with us from time to time.
    Your still a valued member on 2 feet.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I was one of the early participants on this great forum. I bought the first F6B sold from North Dallas Honda in February 2013. VIN ended in 0539. Well, after 6 years and 42015 miles, I sold the best motorcycle I have ever owned (including those 10 Harley-Davidsons and 2 full Wings amongst a host of others along the way in my 55 years of riding). Ya see, I turned 70 recently. I cannot take the heat and cold like in the past. Also, Dallas area traffic has become horrendous and not fun for me. I put 40,000 miles including two 1100+ miles days in the saddle on it in the first four years. The last 2015 miles in the past 2 years.

I hated to sell this motorcycle but felt it would be better to let someone buy it who would enjoy it like I did in my first few years of ownership. It now resides in Southwest Texas and I feel the new owner is going to love it as much as I did.

Good luck to all you F6B riders and forum participants. Stay safe and have fun!

Texas TC......out
    I hear you my friend, but sad to see you give it up!..I will be 80 in a few more months and am considering doing the same after this riding season...Health is good and I feel fine, but reflexes and energy levels are slowly diminishing and handling a 835 lb F6B is becoming more of a challenge..Like your area, the traffic around here is getting much worse, and the "Pot heads" driving around since Michigan passed a Marijuana use law, (pure BS) and idiots using cell phones, etc. I am seriously considering giving the bike to me oldest son next fall....I will miss riding as I have been doing so for over 60 years with some kind of motorcycle, but time catches up with us all!!!...Regards and I hope all works out....

Sorry to see a fellow Texan/Dallas-ian sell, but you gotta ride your own ride!
    As mentioned already, check back in every now and again.
    I'll be in Dallas later this week to visit parents in Farmers Branch.
    Take care!
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Sad to see you guys go. Im 60 and purchased the first F6B sold here in Maryland and have 42K on mine now and enjoy it every chance I get. I've ridden a lot of bikes in my 50 years and the F6B is the greatest and most enjoyable ride yet. You have a combinations of the best touring bike with some slight sport modifications that make is just a beast. Sorry to see you guys go. Holding as long as the lord will allow. fb fog lights.jpg

Just cause the bike is gone you don't have to be a stranger.
    Be well..

I think you should grab a Grom or Monkey for when you feel the urge to put a helmet on. Take it out for errands or have fun around town.

Hmmm, I bought my first B when I was 74. Still ride as often as possible.