Gas mileage - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas mileage

They are also due, but I don't think they were when I saw the drop. I saw an appreciable drop in San Diego, but I was riding hills as opposed to here on the Gulf Coast. As for crossing the magic RPM-ness, (>~72mph), un, that would be speeding. I would NEVER do that!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    They are also due, but I don't think they were when I saw the drop. I saw an appreciable drop in San Diego, but I was riding hills as opposed to here on the Gulf Coast. As for crossing the magic RPM-ness, (>~72mph), un, that would be speeding. I would NEVER do that!!
    Quick check in, no lightning hit me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Don't forget about the cheap gas thats going around. While on the road from Ohio to FL, I watched the milage a bit.
    One tank of gas was crap. It came from Marathon.
    I try to get my gas at BP or Sunoco but when your on the road it aint that easy.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Did you change your windshield? Add wind deflectors.
    No and no. I may be fatter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    Don't forget about the cheap gas thats going around. While on the road from Ohio to FL, I watched the milage a bit.
    One tank of gas was crap. It came from Marathon.
    I try to get my gas at BP or Sunoco but when your on the road it aint that easy.
    I used the non-ethanol down the street. I have since I have had this bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    So, I used to get, maybe 200 miles, giver or take a few from fill up to gas light trigger. Now I am getting 175 to 180 miles. I have changed out the air filter a couple times through this, a couple sets of tires from regular, to darkside and back to regular. I have around 55k on it. Is it a computer setting? Has anybody else seen this drop in mpg? It is not horrible, but it is a question to ponder.
    Wonder if it could be a slow responding O2 sensor? Did you see the drop when you went dark, and has it improved going back to the correct tire? Also, have you added any assessories or increased the windshield height?
    Last edited by Fourks; 04-11-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourks View Post
    Wonder if it could be a slow responding O2 sensor? Did you see the drop when you went dark, and has it improved going back to the correct tire? Also, have you added any assessories or increased the windshield height?

I saw it when I went dark, it never improved when I went back to a MT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Might be worth trying a new O2 sensor. I don't see that Honda monitors for slow O2 response.

Look all, take this for what it is but I happen to come across this youtube video. The presenter is somewhat eccentric but he explains in a little detail why a poor battery could cause a drop in MPG. This was completely coincidental but seems to confirm the the information I had gathered from other sources.

Again remember, eccentric - youtube - internet, so don't shoot (me) the messenger. This is all for purposes of civil discourse and of course to help the OP.

https://youtu.be/rEDkdPJHScA?t=165
    Last edited by unsub; 04-13-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Look all, take this for what it is but I happen to come across this youtube video. The presenter is somewhat eccentric but he explains in a little detail why a poor battery could cause a drop in MPG. This was completely coincidental but seems to confirm the the information I had gathered from other sources.

Again remember, eccentric - youtube - internet, so don't shoot (me) the messenger. This is all for purposes of civil discourse and of course to help the OP.

https://youtu.be/rEDkdPJHScA?t=165
    a little eccentric is being to kind. He does have a shirt with his name on it, so must know what he’s talking about:-) not even using the correct battery tester which is a carbon pile tester. The battery starts the car, the alternator powers the cars electronics. The battery is out of the loop.
    Last edited by Fourks; 04-13-2019 at 09:43 AM.