Finally got a good ride in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got a good ride in

Finally got a good ride in

Finally got a chance to take a nice ride up here yesterday. Supposed to be warm again today.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Good for you. How do you keep the dog on the bike? Is that a pet carrier, and the dog goes inside while riding? My daughter found a dog last year, had been in front of a convenience store for 4 days, and it was raining. Poor little thing was very hungry. She immediately called us and started working us over to take him. The little guy has been one of the best dogs I've ever had. Part Scottie, part Chihuahua, they actually breed these and call them scotchies. He looks like a small scottie, and attached to me right away. If I am in the garage and sit on the bike, he runs over and puts his front legs up and wants me to pick him up. He's ready to go.

I once put him on the seat in front of me, and he sat down, kind of braced himself, and leaned back into me as if he understood we were going to take off.

I believe the little guy would happily join me for riding, but I want to be careful with him, and it gets so hot here in the summer his riding would be limited.
    20171113_174344.jpg
    Last edited by STRaider; 04-07-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Good for you. How do you keep the dog on the bike? Is that a pet carrier, and the dog goes inside while riding? My daughter found a dog last year, had been in front of a convenience store for 4 days, and it was raining. Poor little thing was very hungry. She immediately called us and started working us over to take him. The little guy has been one of the best dogs I've ever had. Part Scottie, part Chihuahua, they actually breed these and call them scotchies. He looks like a small scottie, and attached to me right away. If I am in the garage and sit on the bike, he runs over and puts his front legs up and wants me to pick him up. He's ready to go.

I once put him on the seat in front of me, and he sat down, kind of braced himself, and leaned back into me as if he understood we were going to take off.

I believe the little guy would happily join me for riding, but I want to be careful with him, and it gets so hot here in the summer his riding would be limited.
    20171113_174344.jpg
    That is a Pet Carrier. We have been using them for years. We actually got to demo them before they were released quite a while back. They have been improved over the last couple years.
    We sell a lot of them.
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/GrandPetPalace.aspx

Thanks. So the design obviously allows the dogs head to stick out. Is there a harness or leash to keep the dog from getting out? Can the dog be zipped all the way in, as a soft cage? The pic you posted is the same as on the site, and I dont see the mesh or venting, just curious on the heat on the dog while in this? Thanks, just trying to understand this with the limited pics.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Thanks. So the design obviously allows the dogs head to stick out. Is there a harness or leash to keep the dog from getting out? Can the dog be zipped all the way in, as a soft cage? The pic you posted is the same as on the site, and I dont see the mesh or venting, just curious on the heat on the dog while in this? Thanks, just trying to understand this with the limited pics.
    Both sides open up for ventilation.
    From the page.

Top window opens allowing pet to pop its head out
    Four Mesh Windows for viewing and optimum ventilation
    internal Adjustable Leash (we supply a second Leash also) We highly recommend always usiung two leashes for safety.

Thank you. That thing is not inexpensive but looks well designed for the purpose. I'm trying to.figure out if I would use it, logistics of having dog as far as restaurants, bathroom breaks, etc, so wondering if I would use on just short close to home trips.

good evening STRaider, Adam Sandoval rides on you tube, he has a small dog he travels with around the united states on motorcycle if you wanted to do research on I know during the hot months he puts ice for his dog on the bottom and a towel keeps the dog cool ..

Thank you for that. I will take a look for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RickW View Post
    That is a Pet Carrier. We have been using them for years. We actually got to demo them before they were released quite a while back. They have been improved over the last couple years.
    We sell a lot of them.
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/GrandPetPalace.aspx
    That looks great! My dog of choice has always been Dalmatians, so a little big for a ridealong, (unless I get a sidecar...), but very cool!