Hydration packs

Thread: Hydration packs

Hydration packs

Checking out what you fellas are using for hydration packs. Could have used one like a small travel pack in Mexico last week, been thinking about two options, The Ogio Dakar 3l or the Geigerrig Rig 650. The only reason I dig the Geigerrig is the pressurized delivery, I am a gadget head. I like that concept but the Ogio pack is super slick. Any other recommendations?

24 pack of Corona Light bungeed on the back.

Opted for form and bought the Ogio Dakar pack. Saved enough money to get some Natty Ice, since its the same swill as Corona. lol

A neoprene sleeve for the hose helps, too. Otherwise you're going to be spitting out the water that gets hot in the hose in between sips. I like to fill mine half full and stick it in the freezer, then fill the remainder with water before the ride. It's like riding with A/C in the hot South Texas sun.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Checking out what you fellas are using for hydration packs. Could have used one like a small travel pack in Mexico last week, been thinking about two options, The Ogio Dakar 3l or the Geigerrig Rig 650. The only reason I dig the Geigerrig is the pressurized delivery, I am a gadget head. I like that concept but the Ogio pack is super slick. Any other recommendations?
    CamelBak for me. Been around for years, and much more affordable than that Ogio...

If you're buying Natty Ice, did you know that LoneStar now sells a light beer with 1/2 the alcohol? No, I don't know of anyone that would drink it, or why....

Don't remember the well known brand but it got the highest rating on AMAZON, seems like it was under $20 bucks delivered, life time warranty. It's rather narrow, it goes from just below my shoulders to just above my waist & the mouth is big enough to put ice cubes in for a much cooler ride. Really need it here in Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    24 pack of Corona Light bungeed on the back.
    Nearly spit my cigar across the room like a torpedo on that one, funny as sh*t.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Nearly spit my cigar across the room like a torpedo on that one, funny as sh*t.
    Heck yeah!! I also put mine i the freezer with some water but this also keeps it from growing bacteria in between uses, two birds. I get cheap hydration packs and put it in a backpack so I can carry stuff too. Some stuff, you get what you pay for. Others, just a rip off.

Mine's a TETON

Here, we just pull over on the roadside, and grab a handful of snow, and munch. Snowstorm predicted tonight and tommorro, winter won't quit.