Solo ride- Am I turning anti-social?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Solo ride- Am I turning anti-social?

Solo ride- Am I turning anti-social?

My favorite one day ride from Dallas is to the Talimena Run, with an overnight in Mena, Arkansas. It's not too far, and is really a nice quick one day trip just to get away for a day. I took off yesterday and made the trek alone. I typically will find a buddy to go, but this time just took off, not wanting to coordinate with anyone else, and didn't want to miss the slightly cooler temps this weekend.

Some of my friends want to pass every car we come up on, no matter where or how many bikes there are, some want to ride as many miles as they can every day, some like to stop to look at things, some don't at all. For he most part, I find I am somewhere in the middle of most of the different riders I ride with.

I may have had a better time riding solo than if someone else had gone with me. Stop where/when I want/, go see what I want, take as long as I want, take the roads I want, eat where/when I want, etc. I love the camaraderie of riding with friends, but this trip was most enjoyable. In fact, I'm still on the road grabbing some lunch, and am not worried about the arbitrary deadline to get back home that exists when I ride with others. We take a trip and then it's a race to get home asap for some reason. Today I'm just enjoying myself and not watching the clock.

It appears that a good solo ride is good for the soul. I am already looking forward to the next solo trip.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    My favorite one day ride from Dallas is to the Talimena Run, with an overnight in Mena, Arkansas. It's not too far, and is really a nice quick one day trip just to get away for a day. I took off yesterday and made the trek alone. I typically will find a buddy to go, but this time just took off, not wanting to coordinate with anyone else, and didn't want to miss the slightly cooler temps this weekend.

Some of my friends want to pass every car we come up on, no matter where or how many bikes there are, some want to ride as many miles as they can every day, some like to stop to look at things, some don't at all. For he most part, I find I am somewhere in the middle of most of the different riders I ride with.

I may have had a better time riding solo than if someone else had gone with me. Stop where/when I want/, go see what I want, take as long as I want, take the roads I want, eat where/when I want, etc. I love the camaraderie of riding with friends, but this trip was most enjoyable. In fact, I'm still on the road grabbing some lunch, and am not worried about the arbitrary deadline to get back home that exists when I ride with others. We take a trip and then it's a race to get home asap for some reason. Today I'm just enjoying myself and not watching the clock.

It appears that a good solo ride is good for the soul. I am already looking forward to the next solo trip.
    A good solo ride allows you DEFINE and RIDE your own ride.
    I'll be several miles ahead of, behind, or off to the left or right.
    Let's meet somewhere for lunch, get caught up, and then go our separate ways.
    Slaintè,
    Steve

Going on a solo ride myself in two weeks. Leaving Florida and going all the way to Cortez. If alone you can ride all day and all night if you choose or even stop and take a nap in the middle of the day. Yep!

It's good for your brain & peace of mind...……………… Being alone & not worrying about anybody else is a nice place to be

I prefer solo (or with the wife on back) 95% of the time. I choose the pace, the stops, and just less hassle trying to stay together. 5% of the time a friend or relative will talk me into a ride.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I have been riding solo for about 3 years now and would not trade it again for anything....The three guys I used to ride with all have had to quit due to health issues...I am so lucky, I guess, that the good Lord has blessed me with fairly decent health at almost 79...I hope to ride a few more years, if possible, and will most likely do it on solo rides...I truly enjoy the time and can stop when I want, where I want, and ride without listening to others complain about everything that does not suit them!!!

Solo is my way.
    Too easy to make time and get where I want to be with out drama. I have a few riding buds that make to a good crew but I prefer solo. My time my pace...
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

GaTeach
    Solo is the way to go. I enjoy randomly diving off on side roads, navigating by the sun sometimes, and I stop a lot. Most of my friends don’t roll like that. Lol. (That and I piss people off a lot evidently )

I spend every work day in a squad of bike LEO's over here.... riding by myself with no goddamns coms is needed to recharge. Riding in groups requires a heightened awareness, being able to float along by yourself and stop when you want is good.
    Don't get me wrong, the guys are great, camaraderie we have is awesome, but those days with no fixed destination are the best!

Solo only, the only way to ride . I RIDE ALONE!