Finally happened

Thread: Finally happened

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a mod that initially flashes the brake light a few times upon applying the brakes. I've gotten in the habit of applying the brakes off and on repeatedly if I'm sitting still in traffic. I figure the repeated flashing may stand out to an otherwise brain dead commuter coming up behind me... just habit now.

Finally got my bike fixed after 2 months. The local dealer where I bought it verified that the damage was all cosmetic and asked if I wanted it repaired or totaled since it could go either way. Told them I wanted this bike fixed. He then sends the insurance company an estimate for 8K+. The insurance company comes back and says totaled since they valued it at 11K.
    I asked the dealer if they knew what the bike is valued at so that he could be sure that he was under that threshold. They claimed that they had no idea what the bike is worth but they would sell me a 2017 F6B base that was a leftover for 14.5K.
    Needless to say they were more interested in a new sale that fixing my bike.
    Told them I was taking it somewhere else for a quote. They then tell me that I have to pay them $200.00 for the quote to get my bike!
    The damage to the bike was the left saddlebag and door, batter cover, rear cover (licence plate area) and top panel behind the seat. With a roll of Gorilla tape, I rode the bike from the dealer to a custom paint shop that was recommended by a friend. He quotes 4K to do all the work. The insurance company was almost as happy as I was and they say go ahead and fix it.
    The bike was in his shop 3 days before being completed.
    My shoulder has healed pretty much on it's own over these 2 months, so I am happily riding again.
    Man, I love this bike but I hate that ******* dealer (whose name is on the licence plate frame).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by billsim; 06-10-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    man, i love this bike but i hate that ******* dealer (whose name is on the licence plate frame, in this earlier picture of the bike. I've since taken that frame off, pi**ed on it, and threw it into a fire.).
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    fify
    Great idea!
    I guess I need a new licence frame....