Finally happened - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally happened

Hope you're OK. I was "slightly" rear-ended in a parking lot -- with the young man's car only moving about 5 mph -- and the "hit" caused a Meniscus Tear of right knee... requiring surgery and almost a year of recovery so I could walk w/o pain or limp. The fixing of the bike only took a couple of weeks... it is stout indeed. Our bodies not so much... please get checked out thoroughly!

Glad you are ok. My MC accident involved an elderly driver as well, though not entirely his fault. Get better soon.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Riding in a perfect environment is still a coin flip in today’s 30 second attention span world. Glad to hear you drove away from it. Most aren’t so lucky.

I watch MCRider videos and he gave some interesting advice when waiting at a stoplight with traffic approaching from behind. He says to leave the bike in 1st, pull up to vehicle in front of you at an angle that provides an escape route to the shoulder or to the left. Positioning yourself this way also increases the bike's visibility. I have been doing this since I heard this advice in one of his videos.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Glad you are ok.
    This is just another example for the need of DL retesting after a certain age.

Glad you are up and about - glad the bike got you home.
    Stupid/chronic pain doesn't usually occur until after a few days - please listen to your body.

Cheers,
    Steve

I have BAckOff tail lights and pump the brakes to keep them flashing while traffic is approaching from the rear.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Thanks to all for the good wishes. It is appreciated.
    Talked to the dealer last night and was told that the frame is not bent!
    Bad news is that the repairs needed are approaching the 80% threshold where the insurance company just says scrap it.
    I would like to get the bike fixed but will have to wait to see what the insurance adjuster thinks.
    Wish the bluebook reflected just how great these bikes are.

With so many "old" style F6Bs still out there.. you might be able to get a "new out of the box" scoot w/o too much out of pocket in addition to what the insurance will cover. And... IF there are medical complications, eventually there will be a Personal Injury settlement (in addition to the Property Damage settlement...). Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I watch MCRider videos and he gave some interesting advice when waiting at a stoplight with traffic approaching from behind. He says to leave the bike in 1st, pull up to vehicle in front of you at an angle that provides an escape route to the shoulder or to the left. Positioning yourself this way also increases the bike's visibility. I have been doing this since I heard this advice in one of his videos.
    That may be to your detriment, the vehicle stopped in front of you, and the front of your bike, actually acts as a crunch zone, like in my case. Angling to either side may push you, when hit from behind, into traffic pulling up to that light on either side, or in my case, an HOV lane which would have crushed me.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius