Finally happened - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Finally happened

What was the total loss value? Might have been able to have it totaled and then buy it back for scrap value. I had one bike rear ended and damage was minor and the bike was repaired, about 15 months later rust started forming in the missed cracks in the frame area where the swingarm mounted,... should have let them total it. All that aluminum in the rear suspension would make me very nervous about that hit knowing that the wheel took the brunt of the impact. Be careful...
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    What was the total loss value? Might have been able to have it totaled and then buy it back for scrap value. I had one bike rear ended and damage was minor and the bike was repaired, about 15 months later rust started forming in the missed cracks in the frame area where the swingarm mounted,... should have let them total it. All that aluminum in the rear suspension would make me very nervous about that hit knowing that the wheel took the brunt of the impact. Be careful...
    With the accessories the adjuster offered me $12,500.00 to total it. The only damage was the left saddlebag got busted up. I was told that the salvage value was high because people trike these bikes and don't want the rear anyway. The $12,500.00 wouldn't get me a bike like mine with 3+ more years of factory warranty included, and I didn't want to move to the new wing and have to pony up another 8K.
    Since the rear wheel didn't get hit, and the frame was still straight, we got it fixed for half the dealer estimate.
    Have added 6K miles since and no issues at all. Didn't even have to replace rear bulbs! Love my bike and she loves me back!