Question about madsad - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about madsad

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    They are not made out of polycarbonate. Would you really want an acrylic windshield with steel adjusting brackets in front of you? Stick with the OEM Tall with Vent, National Cycles or Klock Werks which are made out of Polycarbonate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HlEfJFDWXpM#
    Not many people ride cycles, worrying about windshields. In a crash with a cager, we are going to lose. If we were that scared, we wouldn't be on bikes. JMO

I've gotten quite used to the looks of mine, but then again, I'm more about function than looks (which is probably why I'm okay with my beads on my seat).

While I understand that they're not a sponsor of the site, they do make a great product. I'll happily to refer to them by synonyms to avoid making anyone on the site upset, though. That said, I don't think the tire and oil companies we discuss with such vigor are sponsors either...and we use their names.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    I've gotten quite used to the looks of mine, but then again, I'm more about function than looks (which is probably why I'm okay with my beads on my seat).

While I understand that they're not a sponsor of the site, they do make a great product. I'll happily to refer to them by synonyms to avoid making anyone on the site upset, though. That said, I don't think the tire and oil companies we discuss with such vigor are sponsors either...and we use their names.
    Agree 100%

Exactly.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Que the Top Gun soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by rickc View Post
    did you break the wind shield or your toe?
    both!
    ITS ALL GOOD

VaBob - Happy to help you with any info I might have on deciding on height. It does depend on which saddle you're using, your height, inseam (which gives an idea of the ratio of your upper body length) and of course your personal preference on where the shield lives in your field of view.

I think I mentioned it in another thread on these shields here in the site, but I'm on the stock saddle (with a beaded cover), am 6'1" and 32 inch inseam...so I'm a bit long in the torso. That said, the manufacturer site recommended the 15" shield for 6'1" to 6'3", and that's what I bought. Works great. At full up, there's almost no wind at all. Full down, it's breezy but no buffeting.

Cheers!

Is the Top Gun soundtrack needed since tenxxx crashed his canopy like 'Goose?

Is the Top Gun soundtrack needed since tenxxx crashed his canopy like 'Goose?
    All the F18 talk got me exited even though technically Maverick and Goose were in an F14. F6B to the danger zone?

Spot on. I also have that shield and its been great. I have the 11" light tint (5'10" - 30" inseam). I have it adjusted up all the way and angled mostly straight up. I have a Corbin so I sit a little lower than stock but usually ride with beads or airhawk so probably a wash. The top of the screen aligns with mid nose so I see mostly over the top, otherwise the screen is light enough for good viewing. I ride with a full face but leave the visor open and i get a very gentle airflow around my face even at highway speeds. Functional Beauty.