Question about madsad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about madsad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    FYI, the canopy of the F/A-18 Hornet supersonic combat jet is made of cast acrylic. If acrylic is good enough for a military fighter jet we feel it is good enough for your motorcycle!
    It more extreme situations when strength is needed, polycarbonate is used. Read the below link for a better understanding of the materials used in jet fighter canopies.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...-glass-shields

I guess My B fits into the less fast aircraft category having a single layer of acrylic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    It more extreme situations when strength is needed, polycarbonate is used. Read the below link for a better understanding of the materials used in jet fighter canopies.

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...-glass-shields

I've gotten quite used to the looks of mine, but then again, I'm more about function than looks (which is probably why I'm okay with my beads on my seat).

While I understand that they're not a sponsor of the site, they do make a great product. I'll happily to refer to them by synonyms to avoid making anyone on the site upset, though. That said, I don't think the tire and oil companies we discuss with such vigor are sponsors either...and we use their names.

Quote Originally Posted by rdbonds View Post
    I've gotten quite used to the looks of mine, but then again, I'm more about function than looks (which is probably why I'm okay with my beads on my seat).

While I understand that they're not a sponsor of the site, they do make a great product. I'll happily to refer to them by synonyms to avoid making anyone on the site upset, though. That said, I don't think the tire and oil companies we discuss with such vigor are sponsors either...and we use their names.
    Agree 100%

Exactly.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Spot on. I also have that shield and its been great. I have the 11" light tint (5'10" - 30" inseam). I have it adjusted up all the way and angled mostly straight up. I have a Corbin so I sit a little lower than stock but usually ride with beads or airhawk so probably a wash. The top of the screen aligns with mid nose so I see mostly over the top, otherwise the screen is light enough for good viewing. I ride with a full face but leave the visor open and i get a very gentle airflow around my face even at highway speeds. Functional Beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Spot on. I also have that shield and its been great. I have the 11" light tint (5'10" - 30" inseam). I have it adjusted up all the way and angled mostly straight up. I have a Corbin so I sit a little lower than stock but usually ride with beads or airhawk so probably a wash. The top of the screen aligns with mid nose so I see mostly over the top, otherwise the screen is light enough for good viewing. I ride with a full face but leave the visor open and i get a very gentle airflow around my face even at highway speeds. Functional Beauty.
    I just noticed your avatar is a Freewing F4. Do you fly RC? I just got back into it after a 10 year hiatus. Picked up a 90mm Venom but it will stay in the shop after I build it until I get the rust off. Not sure how an EDF will do at 5000’ but it was to cool to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    I just noticed your avatar is a Freewing F4. Do you fly RC? I just got back into it after a 10 year hiatus. Picked up a 90mm Venom but it will stay in the shop after I build it until I get the rust off. Not sure how an EDF will do at 5000’ but it was to cool to pass up.
    Not into the RC, it was the best picture of an F4 I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Not into the RC, it was the best picture of an F4 I could find.
    Top 5 jets of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    That 90mm will fly fine at 5000ft elevation.I have been flying RC for 40 years mostly large scale aerobatic planes with gas engines.Last year I got into EDF's and I love it.I have a Freewing 90mm Stinger,80mm Avanti and a 70mm Yak.All fly well at my 4800 ft elevation.The Avanti is a great first EDF jet-almost flys itself.Only drawback is the 3.5 minute flight times.Just remember at your elevation your sink rate is high and with a EDF you must fly it to the ground.
    As far as the Madsad I am 6'4" with a 32inch inseam on the stock seat.I have the 15" screen and set to the middle I just look over the top and it works GREAT.Best windscreen I have been behind in 50 years of riding.